East London To Get An All-Asian Shopping Mall

Don Crack

The one downstairs are Asians, the one upstairs is a fully Caribbean team thankfully, downside is that they've copped out to the masses and stopped doing Ackee and Saltfish.

There was also a Caribbean restaurant near Stratford Circus which is closed down, there are two notes on their front door: Their own note says that due to flooding they had to leave the premises (a quick look inside suggests no evidence of flooding), whilst the note form the freeholder (Newham Council) says they've discharged their lease, AKA they've gone into liquidation.

Cool story

Why was the Civil Rights generation so weak and willing to give up? The simple truth is they got so used to BOWING and saying "yessah, boss" that they just continued to do so even AFTER they were no longer required to.

And that is OUR battle in the 21st century: The children of those who will NO LONGER BOW will have to deal with the children of those who CONTINUE TO BOW even though they NO LONGER NEED TO.

It's more than that. There is an inherent lack of marketing nous in our cultures, everything is too 'rustic'.

I believe many barbershops are run down because most owners do not appreciate the value of capital expenditure and investment in a good image/brand. As long as money is coming in they do not care to differentiate their product by service offered and see whether that will enhance their takings.

But then on the other hand only so much can be done to allow uplifts in footfall and price charged given that they typically cater to low income consumers in localised markets.

• Upvote 3

It's more than that. There is an inherent lack of marketing nous in our cultures, everything is too 'rustic'.

I believe many barbershops are run down because most owners do not appreciate the value of capital expenditure and investment in a good image/brand. As long as money is coming in they do not care to differentiate their product by service offered and see whether that will enhance their takings.

But then on the other hand only so much can be done to allow uplifts in footfall and price charged given that they typically cater to low income consumers in localised markets.

Why dont they appreciate it?

The reason that most YOUNG Black people are POOR is because most OLDER Black people are SCARED.

And THAT is the reason white supremacy was able to dominate them so easily and thus entrap the children today. From there you get your racism, oppression, job discrimination, prison industrial complex, loan denials, police brutality and poverty.

the barber shop in Bristol I used to go to used to sell soft drinks and New Era(/etc) hats, probably the most extent I've ever seen the format be mixed up

thing is these are social places, black people don't really do pubs, but I wonder if anyone has tried getting a license to serve alcohol on barbershop premises