Sin City: A Dame to Kill For

MrJibbles

• 4 months later...

Sin City - A Dame to Kill for - Trailer 

aww yeah, been waiting for this film for a hot minute

august bank holiday!

saw this trailer in 3D before Guardians of the Galaxy today - film is a must watch in 3D! I rarely say this!

• 3 weeks later...

I felt shortchanged by the length of the 2nd film. Everything could have developed more.

Joseph Gordon Levitt's story was the best by far. Should have been the main story, or they should have extended the film to develop it more.

He had some great 1 liners, well delivered. 

A hero who wasn't a typical tough guy helped balance what would otherwise be a serious film the whole way through, and the arrogant gambler worked. 

Also different to have the guy dragging the girl into trouble, when the opposite it what usually happens in these films. 

the way he gets cut up by cards was fantastic, especially as the metaphor it was being used as!!!

Japanese girl's part felt like she was trying to be the hammer girl from The Raid, but it still worked, good fight scenes with her also

Special effects obviously are a lot better than the first. 

3D is brilliant when it's used, but I will repeat my usual complaint about it - long sections of movie which aren't in 3D and me having to wear the glasses during them!

I'd say in terms of violence the 2 are equal, the sequel wins visually, particularly special effects, and the first edges it for story (although if You broke both films into mini stories, Joseph Gordon Levitt's character's story from this one would be the best overall)

major technical hitch 

there's a shot filmed in the wrong aspect ratio, where black bars cover the top and bottom of the screen. don't see why the editor couldn't fix this

Nancy's development continued well, she was much better in this one than the first film. I would even say she's up there with the best female comic characters in films.

Bruce Willis' inclusion was pointless, probably due to being underused.

Didn't think Josh Brolin was any good in this either, and a better casting would have improved a lot of the film as he has a big part. Brang zero character. 

For the most part, it's more of the same, so watch if You liked the first and want more of the same. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

agreed, they didn't one-up themselves, or even take a different direction, just more of the same

was a bit confusing with them swapping out Clive Owen for Josh Brolin as well, would have been nicer knowing it was linked to the story from the first movie (though I guess that's partly on me for forgetting everyone's names)

agreed, they didn't one-up themselves, or even take a different direction, just more of the same

was a bit confusing with them swapping out Clive Owen for Josh Brolin as well, would have been nicer knowing it was linked to the story from the first movie (though I guess that's partly on me for forgetting everyone's names)

Nah fam i didn't clock until near the end of his story that Josh Brolin was playing Clive Owen's old character. 

There is nothing new in this film opposed to the last, better CGI of course. But I still loved it, didn't see the point of Bruce's character returning either, should've just left him for dead.

Eva greens though, personally think she stole the show...

The breasts   :love: