EMPIRE

Hank Moody

Opening episode was poor. Glad I stuck with it though. Didn't like the last couple episodes although the Finale was good.

My problem was, I started watching this and Power at the same time. As I started to get into Power, you realise how 'Trashy' this programme is. I don't mean garbage, but I mean 'Trash' TV.

• Upvote 2

I enjoyed it. It's so ludicrous and silly that you can't help getting pulled in to the foolishness.

And of course it's biggest power now is it has major music stars lining up to be in the show. Great way for black music artists to do some co-marketing. Especially when the songs are weaved into the shows storyline.

Tbh if this show has done anything good. It's convinced these d*ckhead TV execs that black shows can work. And other people i.e white people will watch them.

Empire's crazy success has these other TV Execs scrambling to get their own 'black' shows out for next fall season. Good news for black actors,writers and directors.