The Wolf of Wall Street

welbz

• 2 weeks later...

Don Jon is quite funny.

Gordon-Levitt defo doing his thing, I f*ck with him.

I wasn't feeling it, concept was quite sick but the execution was poor.

/

The wolf of wall street>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Too sick, Scorsese and Leo delivering again.

Didn't realize it was going to be 3 hours long but didn't even care, was catching soo many jokes through the film it never felt like it was dragging. Gonna have to read into it abit and see how much of it was true, literally in tears in some parts.

The.Wolf.of.Wall.Street.2013.DVDSCR.XviD-BiDA

• Upvote 1

12 Years a Slave - An all around great film. I don't think I could sit through it again but it was really well done.

Wolf of Wall Street - What a f*cking amazing film. I can see myself watching this multiple times. It's the kind of film everyone is going to be quoting 10 years from now. Had me laughing all the way through.

Cerebral palsy stage. Pop eye on T.V before he snorts the cocaine. When they talk about tossing dwarves. I could go on.

Lone Survivor - Someone mentioned this earlier in the thread and said it was great. The action was decent but the whole movie wasn't exactly gripping. There must of been some liberties taken with the source material because it can't of played out like that in real life. I enjoyed it though.

Prisoners - Another recommendation from here and I agree with all who said it's good.

I was on the edge of my seat when he was driving to the hospital full engrossed. It takes a good film to make me feel involved like that.

A Secret Life of Walter Mitty - Distinctly average. Obvious plot. I'm not a genius but I knew exactly what was going to happen after the first 20 minutes but you don't watch these films for their ground breaking stories I suppose. Funny occasionally but not laugh out loud funny.

agree with the general comments about wolf of wall street, but would have to add that I'm getting pissed off with Kyle Chandler always doing the same role

reg_1024.zerodark30.2.mh.101212.jpg

always some kind of suited up special agent, whether it's Zero Dark Thirty, Wolf of Wall Street, The Kingdom, Argo

then when he goes out of his comfort zone, he plays a deputy in Super 8 or a politician in Broken City

kind of like Billy Bob Thornton except since he's old and has more behind him it's acceptable

600px-EE-Pistol01a.jpg

/rant

fucking idiots, he only gave it to 6 people aswell.

/

Jonah Hill has revealed he was a paid a fee of $60,000 (£36k) for his role in The Wolf of Wall Street.

The actor added that his co-star Leonardo DiCaprio, who also produced the film, earned about $10 million (£6.2m).

The Hollywood star said on The Howard Stern Show in the US that he was paid the nominal amount "before commissions and taxes".

He explained: "They gave me the lowest amount of money possible.

That was their offer and I said, 'I will sign the paper tonight. Fax them the papers tonight. I want to sign them tonight before they change their mind. I want to sign them before I go to sleep tonight so they legally can't change their mind'

Jonah Hill

It was because he really wanted to work with director Martin Scorsese.

"That was their offer and I said, 'I will sign the paper tonight. Fax them the papers tonight. I want to sign them tonight before they change their mind. I want to sign them before I go to sleep tonight so they legally can't change their mind'."

"I would sell my house and give him all my money to work for him," he insisted.

_72465872_jonah_leo_getty.jpg

Leonardo DiCaprio (left) was paid $10m for movie

"This isn't what you make money for. You do 22 Jump Street or you do other things, and you can pay your rent

"I would have done anything in the world. I would do it again in a second. This isn't about money. You should do things that you care about," the actor added.

The 30-year-old recently revealed that he hated his character in the film.

He said: "They say you're not supposed to judge the character at all and I tried my hardest, but I couldn't really find that much I really liked about Donnie.

"I just didn't like the way that Donnie treated people, that was the thing I had the hardest time with."

Jonah Hill has been nominated for an Academy Award (Oscars) for the film as best supporting actor.

The Wolf of Wall Street has also been nominated for four other Academy Awards.

madness, only 36k :o

sick performance aswell

• 1 month later...

How did leo not win?

What a farce, no way should 12 years guy win.

Now now, your being racist there buddy

pmsl at 12 years winning best picture and gravity winning just for having good graphics but overall a terrible film

Wolf of Wall Street easily was best picture and should of won much more

Never will take the Oscars seriously

• Downvote 4