• Lampard
    • C.Ronaldo
    • Drogba
    • Berbatov
    • Aguero
    • Van Persie
    • Y. Toure

This poll is closed to new votes

Guys saw that this was turning into a Cantona appreciation thread and got emotional because guys like Ruddock, Redknapp and Collymore couldn't bring home a league title, pmsl.

:/

I already paid homage am I supposed to write paragraphs about the impact Cantona made or suttin

Ur the one with a Liverpool sig (for the last 6 months) yet I'm the one that tried to derail a topic

go figure

obsessed

lol why are some man so cranky this week? Struggling with basic reading comprehension and all sorts.

The Premiership in the 90's was entertaining but the standard of football was poor, watch Battle for the Premiership now and it really jumps out at you how much its improved.

It's no coincidence that English teams were regularly being schooled on the continent throughout that decade.

id say that was more down to the european ban tbh

The ban was partly responsible for the standard of the game being poor in comparison to that of other European leagues but the standard of the majority of teams in the Premiership at that time was probably a bigger contributing factor imo.

how do you work that out

no european league was show over here in the 90s

nah i think just Italian

& it was more of less the same teams playing in europe at that time

so how you making a comparison ?

& tbh i would not even say english teams where getting schooled in the 90s

I was watching European ball from day and the difference in quality was vast. How many players in the Premier League were considered amongst the worlds best throughout the 90's, you're looking at a handful at most at a push.

Up until the noughties any time an English club drew one of the real big dogs in Europe the expected outcome was for them to get wrapped up comfortably, like I said if you go back and watch Battle for the Premiership the standard of football is noticeably lacking in quality.

If English teams weren't getting schooled how come English clubs were only doing anything like consistently well in the Cup Winners Cup?

I aren't saying the league wasn't entertaining because it was and I loved it  but there's solid reasoning for why the rest of Europe has only begun to really respect the English game again in the last decade.

I turned sigs off so I forgot it was even there

And you can't call anyone obsessed when you've spent more time in the United thread than most United fans on here in past year.

Of course we spent more time in there than you during the past year, you man were ghost because you were getting batter by any and everyone.

Eurogoals was about in the 90s

FACTS

errrrrrrmmmmmmmmmmmmm

isnt judging football on highlights against everything you stand for porchy?

Eurogoals had guys like Van Basten on there

European Cup Finals was the marker of how strong a league was because you only had the national champions of each league enter

The good old days

nah actually im done it is CRIMINAL that you lot have skimmed passed the european ban.

imagine german/italian/spanish etc etc teams were banned from playing in european competitions for x amount of years

you dont think thats a factor know?

I don't even know what you and the galactico gang are arguing, all that was said was that the standard of English football in the 90's was poor and people got upset.

If the European ban was a factor then what was it a factor in, reducing the quality of the Premiership in comparison to the other big European leagues?

Flojo, no one was ghost. Everyone was in there saying f*ck Moyes. But it's good to see you basically confirming that you and Lahi was obsessed. My work here is done.

Obsessed? It was as much about laughing at particular posters as it was about laughing at your club.

Let's be honest the amount of horse shit that was spouted when Moyes took over and the way people like me who said it would be difficult were shouted down meant I was always going to take the piss when shit hit the fan.

lol you man sound mad insecure and sensitive these days, this topic being a case in point.