Week 05 - 14/15 Premier League & League Cup L3

User

https://vine.co/v/O7mhjDBuODi

captain fantastic

Paul called it...

Paul Parker:

But right near the top of their list of problems is leadership, because Louis van Gaal's decision to make Wayne Rooney his captain was ridiculous. ...

And Wayne Rooney was never going to be that man. He's the absolute archetype of a player who thinks that leadership is simply about shouting and screaming.

Who in their right mind would actually think that? It wouldn't work on a factory floor, so why would it work on a football pitch? Because one thing's pretty clear: Rooney isn't shouting to make his words of advice, encouragement and inspiration heard - he's just losing his rag an bellowing at his fellow players.

Up front, Van Persie's return from injury will cause trouble - because I still don't believe that he and Rooney can play well together. Rooney is only ever any good up front as a conventional centre-forward, he simply doesn't have the guile or craft to play the number 10 role - and when he tries it, his attempts end up looking nothing short of brutish.

I think most captains would have reacted like Rooney did there

Paul Parker speaking nonsense. Rooney's best form was never playing as a CF

And as for screaming and shouting..what did Roy Keane used to do?

• Downvote 2

captain fantastic

Paul called it...

Paul Parker:

But right near the top of their list of problems is leadership, because Louis van Gaal's decision to make Wayne Rooney his captain was ridiculous. ...

And Wayne Rooney was never going to be that man. He's the absolute archetype of a player who thinks that leadership is simply about shouting and screaming.

Who in their right mind would actually think that? It wouldn't work on a factory floor, so why would it work on a football pitch? Because one thing's pretty clear: Rooney isn't shouting to make his words of advice, encouragement and inspiration heard - he's just losing his rag an bellowing at his fellow players.

Up front, Van Persie's return from injury will cause trouble - because I still don't believe that he and Rooney can play well together. Rooney is only ever any good up front as a conventional centre-forward, he simply doesn't have the guile or craft to play the number 10 role - and when he tries it, his attempts end up looking nothing short of brutish.

all of this is irrelevant as the goal   was his fault 

i really hate him 

Was listening to a weekly podcast with a Liverpool fan and Everton fan giving their opinion each week, the latter was saying just last week how much of a liability Tim Howard is and that he thinks all that hype in the US from the World Cup seems to have gone to his head.

Clocked this. His whole demeanour switched up. 

captain fantastic

Paul called it...

Paul Parker:

"Rooney isn't shouting to make his words of advice, encouragement and inspiration heard - he's just losing his rag an bellowing at his fellow players."

Most captains and Keane would have done the former, Rooney did the latter and tried to pass the blame for a situation he created. Keane inspired us to victory like Juventus 99 whereas Rooney gets at least 1 goal or assist to keep his stans happy and looks like a pub team player for the other 89mins of the game.

In 09/10 Rooney had one of his best individual seasons playing upfront, sometimes on his own and scored 26 league goals. But just like every other season when he scored more than 15 league goals we didn't win the league.

Parker is spot on with his assessment of him as a #10.

Wayne Rooney, 5 - Quite why Rooney is seen as untouchable by Van Gaal, pundits and some sections of the United support is baffling. The United manager spoke of Rooney enjoying certain privileges before this match; namely he can expect to play most games this season. A simple pass for Di Maria's second aside, he offered little in attack, and his all-too-familiar lack of control in tight spaces and poor short passing reared their ugly head again. The sight of him bellowing at a desperate Blackett after Leicester made it 3-3 was also unpalatable. Roy Keane was the master at striking fear into his teammates yet cajoling them into action when they were down. Rooney just struck this observer as an angry man taking his frustrations out on others when he should have been looking at himself. He was far from blameless in the creation of Leicester's third goal.

http://www.espnfc.com/club/manchester-united/360/blog/post/2048190/player-ratings-is-rooney-really-the-right-captain-for-man-utd

#MediaProgress
  • Upvote 2

Wayne Rooney - 6/10

Louis van Gaal says he considers his captain a certain starter but, on recent performances, you have to wonder why. Despite an assist, Rooney was wasteful with his passing today and bellowed at his defenders when they conceded goal after goal. But how about showing some leadership beforehand instead of reacting petulantly after the event?

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/09/21/manchester-united-player-ratings-1/

#MediaProgress

Was listening to a weekly podcast with a Liverpool fan and Everton fan giving their opinion each week, the latter was saying just last week how much of a liability Tim Howard is and that he thinks all that hype in the US from the World Cup seems to have gone to his head.

Watching the Everton wolfsburg game, commentators were even counting his saves comparing it to the USA Belgium game.

Don't get me wrong, pulled off a couple of sick saves, but he was punching loads out making it look spectacular.

Demeanor has definitely changed since the WC

captain fantastic

Paul called it...

Paul Parker:

"Rooney isn't shouting to make his words of advice, encouragement and inspiration heard - he's just losing his rag an bellowing at his fellow players."

Most captains and Keane would have done the former, Rooney did the latter and tried to pass the blame for a situation he created. Keane inspired us to victory like Juventus 99 whereas Rooney gets at least 1 goal or assist to keep his stans happy and looks like a pub team player for the other 89mins of the game.

In 09/10 Rooney had one of his best individual seasons playing upfront, sometimes on his own and scored 26 league goals. But just like every other season when he scored more than 15 league goals we didn't win the league.

Parker is spot on with his assessment of him as a #10.

As I keep saying stats only tell one side of the story. He's best form at Utd has never been playing as a CF

Rooney is out of form so the problem isn't him playing as a no 10, he wouldn't excel wherever you put him now

The problem Utd and England have is even though he's past his best he can still bring a certain quality that no other player in the side can. That's why he's always in the side regardless of who's manager

I don't see what relevance the Juventus game had to yesterday. You was 3-1 up and threw it away against LEICESTER CITY

Had Keane been on that pitch he would have been screaming same way

That was his best individual(selfish) season. His best seasons as a team player was when he was wearing the #8 shirt.

Keane wasn't trying to hit the corner flag with diagonal balls. The Juve game was a captain leading by example with a solid performance at the highest which lifted the players around him. Rooney struggles to do that against a newly promoted team. Can't be barking at your teammates to do better and expect your words to have an impact on them when you're giving away the ball more than them.

That silly "bring a certain quality that no other player in the side can" talk reminds me why I stopped having these pointless back and forths with you so I'm gonna go back to playing candy crush.

That was his best individual(selfish) season. His best seasons as a team player was when he was wearing the #8 shirt.

Keane wasn't trying to hit the corner flag with diagonal balls. The Juve game was a captain leading by example with a solid performance at the highest which lifted the players around him. Rooney struggles to do that against a newly promoted team. Can't be barking at your teammates to do better and expect your words to have an impact on them when you're giving away the ball more than them.

That silly "bring a certain quality that no other player in the side can" talk reminds me why I stopped having these pointless back and forths with you so I'm gonna go back to playing candy crush.

You're forgetting one key thing….Despite being 2 goals down, the Utd side that played Juve could defend. Something this team can't do

Are you forgetting Keane publically critised his team mates for being shit? Great leadership there right?  :rolleyes:

Who would you realistically play ahead of Rooney for England?

Who would you drop Rooney for in the Utd side?

Despite your dislike for him, you have no better option. Now that Kagz went of course  :lmao: