Week 05 - 14/15 Premier League & League Cup L3

User

Miranda 1-1

Started way too slow, in terms of performances it's similar to how we started last season but conceding first is giving us all sorts of problems.

The midfield is a huge problem with Gerrard being the elephant in the room, we accommodated his lack of mobility last season because he offered us a more direct option with his passing range but teams are taking him out of the game by sitting a man on him which begs the question, what is he offering?

Allen and Can are injured at the minute so he's played 3 games in a week which is ridiculous at 34 years old, the worrying thing is I don't know if Brendan would have rested him had they been fit. He's got a blindspot where Gerrard is concerned and at the minute it's hurting us. 

With all that said I rate Brendan as a coach a lot more than most so I've no doubts that we'll improve a lot, the question is whether or not we'll drop too many points in the process.

Flojo

What about your horrible defence and goalkeeper?

That needs to get addressed.

I'm still reserving judgement on Lovren, I didn't think spending £20 million on him made sense at the time because he's not better than what we already had imo but I'm not the least bit impressed by him so far. 

Mignolet in many ways is the wrong keeper for us but he's improved at sweeping and distributing the ball, unfortunately I don't think he's improved enough which is why the talk of Valdes coming in makes a lot of sense.

I'm starting to think that a lot our defensive problems start with the uncertainty he brings, Brad Jones played in the FA Cup last season and it was so refreshing to see him come for crosses and command his area.

I've every confidence in Rodgers to make the right changes though, where Gerrard's concerned I jus hope it's sooner rather than later.

that tevez/pogba link up yh