January Transfer Thread 2015

Fresh

Hes shit, his footwork is awful

Still not good enough you know

Truth is I dont watch United games too tough to hold the opinion that De Gea is better for example however I asked the question coz to me im seeing United leak goals left right and center

Now I can understand the argument that other keepers may be better, everyone has their opinion.

I can also understand that what I said about our previous keepers in relation to anything being discussed is irrelevant and b/s which I also agree

But a man is now saying Szczesny is not good enough?!

lmao. What is it that you want? please help me understand, I beg

• Downvote 6

Szczsney is far from shit very far fromit in fact he is a very good keeper unfortunately he plays for the wrong team. The way we play we need a keeper who has great distriibution and quick of his line to play as a keeper sweeper, a better stronger Fabianski is the type of keeper that Arsenal need and Ospina might be that. Szsczney would look much better at Chelsea or even Everton.

As this is a transfer topic Arsenal need an energetic ball winner in mid and hopefully we go for one of the Madrid surplus players in Khedira or Illaramendi, we could also take a risk on Rabiot or Gundagon but it's hard to buy players in Jan.

• Downvote 2

I want messi and ronaldo in my team....it doesnt quite work like that though does it?

working with/within your means is an important attribute and sitting there saying Szczesny is not good enough is a tad fickle imo especially considering: 

1, where we came from in terms of previous keepers

2, although he may not be as good as the best out there (a matter of opinion) he is still a very good keeper. 

3, he is young

4, he has potential

5, bigger problems in the team to be concerned about and wouldnt be the first to address 

so sitting there saying hes not good enough is a careless, groundless, throw away comment imo

Think you need to bring the bar down in terms of your expectations more than anything else tbh

I want messi and ronaldo in my team....it doesnt quite work like that though does it?

working with/within your means is an important attribute and sitting there saying Szczesny is not good enough is a tad fickle imo especially considering: 

1, where we came from in terms of previous keepers

2, although he may not be as good as the best out there (a matter of opinion) he is still a very good keeper. 

3, he is young

4, he has potential

5, bigger problems in the team to be concerned about and wouldnt be the first to address 

so sitting there saying hes not good enough is a careless, groundless, throw away comment imo

Think you need to bring the bar down in terms of your expectations more than anything else tbh

He did have the potential to be a very good keeper but like I said, he hasn't grown as a player. Has he really improved that much since he became our first choice? He's been our No.1 for how long and yet there's still various sections of the media and our fans who question if he is good enough. But you're right there is alot more pressing issues than a goalie for us, but I'd still say we need a better goalie as I don't really rate the one we have. Yes he is an improvement over Al and Fab but that was a bar set very low.

Lol @ Szczesny being sh*t.

Lol @ Szczesny being better than De Gea.

Start of last season I could see an argument for it. Now? No way. Szczesny needs to cut out the bad habits. He done it at Sunderland too I don't think they showed it on MOTD. Rushed out headed it straight to their player and got lucky.