Fresh

This is how I'd go against Everton:

---------RVP Falcao

------------Mata

-Di Maria--------Valencia

-----------Carrick

Shaw Rojo McNair Rafael

------------DDG

Injured/Suspended: Rooney, Blackett, Wilson, Herrera, Smalling, Evans, Young, Jones, Fellaini, Lingard

The defense picks itself given the injury situation. I'd go with ADM & Valencia to offer enough pace out wide to handle Coleman & Baines. Carrick would be a better option than blind because of his ability to play-make from deep. We've some big fixtures ahead so I'd try to let him find form asap. Mata get's his chance to impress (not to say 8 goals in 10 games warranted being dropped to accomodate 3Hunna). I'd love to have dropped RVP he's been dog shite, but who else? Falcao needs to step up.

---------RVP Falcao

------------Mata

-Di Maria--------Pereira

-----------Blind

Shaw Rojo McNair Rafael

------------DDG

Or Carrick at the base of the diamond with Blind on the left and Di Maria on the right. Dracula needs to stay as far away from the first team as possible.

And Fellaini and Wilson trained with the first team this week.

A man picked Valencia in his starting line up

Smh

• Upvote 1

DDG 

defence is what it is. 

Blind and Carrick*, (Herrera is gonna be a big loss.) 

Mata 

Januzaj 

ADM 

RVP 

Januzaj and ADM playing wide to either stop Baines getting forward so willingly or at least take advantage when he does. RVP would probably prefer being the lone main man. Falcao is an excellent option to have on the bench. That Midfield 2 of Carrick* and Blind should have enough about them to keep the ball well and compete against a strong Everton Midfield. Mata providing the spark. With the option to drift out wide and one of ADM or Januzaj coming inside from time to time. 

Need to stop Everton getting balls into Lukaku out wide as his physicality could be an issue for Rojo and Mcnair. 

for that reason i understand the idea of putting Valencia in. 

i just think that as Rooney is out it'd be best to allow the like of Mata and Januzaj state their claim.

*Fletcher can be inserted here, depending on Carrick's level of fitness

-----------------De Gea--------------

Rafael---McNair---Evans--Rojo-

---------Jones------Blind-----------

--------------Carrick-----------------

-------Herrera-------DiMaria-------

---------------Falcao------------------

Away to Chelsea/City etc....

Traditionally LVG been a 4-3-3 guy. I would go with this formation and line up wen everyone is fit

-------------------------------De Gea----------------------

Rafael--------------Mcnair---------------Rojo----------------Shaw

-------------------Herrera-------Blind---------Di Maria-----------

------------------Valencia-------Rooney-------Januzaj---------

Would rotate Rooney/RVP/Falcao as the number 9 and would have had Nani instead of Valencia if he never went on loan  

rooney and valencia can't be starting like that you mad bruv??

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Van Gaal hints Blind, Di Maria and Rojo are all guaranteed starters

Posted by Richard Laverty

Date: January 10, 2015

Van Gaal hints Blind, Di Maria and Rojo are all guaranteed starters

Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has suggested several of his new signings have 'fixed' positions in his first choice starting eleven.

Whilst one would imagine a manager's first signings at the club would be fixed anyway, United fans might be surprised given the strength of the squad when everyone is fit about some of the names van Gaal selected.

Daley Blind and Marcos Rojo have both just returned to training and could play against Southampton on Sunday and it appears both will be first choice selections along with club record signing Angel Di Maria.

Speaking at the AON Training Complex, the boss said: “I hope so because now the players are coming back and I will have a full selection of players within three weeks, I think.

“Normally, we should then play better because a lot of players who were also fixed in my line-up - Daley Blind and Di Maria, for example - are now coming back.

“Marcos Rojo, for example, was also fixed in my line-up. I didn’t have the chance to build up with the same players. I hope that I can do that now, but you never know.”

Blind's inclusion may lead some fans to believe Michael Carrick may be preferred in a back three as he has appeared the only defender comfortable on the ball, an attribute crucial in van Gaal's favoured 3-5-2 system.

Rojo isn't a complete shock given van Gaal's need for a left-footed defender but fans may have thought Blind's spot was under threat due to the form of Michael Carrick and Marouane Fellaini in the Dutchman's absence.

http://thepeoplesperson.com/2015/01/10/van-gaal-hints-blind-di-maria-and-rojo-are-all-guaranteed-starters-66797/