The Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Rsonist

SP 'may' leave btw....... I was trying not to do any ITK today as well!

:bounce:

Baldini confirmed!

FRANCO BALDINI APPOINTED 

Posted 19 June 2013 10:35am 

We are delighted to announce that Franco Baldini has joined the Club in the role of Technical Director. 

The former Bologna, Bari and Pescara player has previously held roles as General Director at Serie A Club Roma, Assistant Manager during Fabio Capello's time in charge of England and as Sporting Director at Real Madrid. 

"Franco is extremely well respected in the industry, possessing an extensive knowledge of players around the world," said Chairman Daniel Levy. 

"He will strengthen our football management team, particularly in the field of recruitment, working closely with Andre Villas-Boas and Tim Sherwood across all levels on the playing side." 

Hopefully he will get us some good players 

Spurs set to sign Brazil midfielder Paulinho after Corinthians agree to £17m deal

By Lee Bryan

Tottenham have agreed a £17million deal to bring Brazilian midfielder Paulinho to White Hart Lane, his club Corinthians have confirmed.

The 24-year-old will be Andre Villas-Boas' first signing of the summer as he looks to mount a challenge on the top four of the Premier League once again.

Paulinho is ahead of £30m Manchester City signing Fernandinho, 28, in the pecking for the Brazilian national side and Spurs are confident that they have signed the better player.

Spurs had been told earlier in the week they would have to up the ante on a bid for Paulinho, with the North London club originally hoping to pay in the region of £15m.

But with interest mounting in the player Spurs have decided to meet his release clause, which stands at £17m.

Paulinho, who scored Brazil’s equaliser against England in this month’s friendly, had said he will not make a decision until after the Confederations Cup.

Real Madrid, Inter Milan and Roma are also interested in the 15-cap international, but Spurs look to have beaten them to the signature.

--Kaboul--Vertonghen---

-------Sandro---------

--Paulinho---Dembele---

Would be a beastly team.  No creativity but we don't need none when you got a 100 mil player capable of scoring 20-30 yard goals whenever he likes

Sandro, Paulinho, Dembele, Holtby, Carroll, Sigs

Nice selection of midfielders for the 4-3-3

Paulinho is poised to complete his £17million switch to Tottenham after revealing that he’d be ‘fulfilling a dream’ by playing in the Barclays Premier League.

The 24-year-old Corinthians midfielder is poised to become Andre Villas-Boas’ first signing of the summer as Spurs look to mount a challenge on the top four next term.

Paulinho will complete his medical following Brazil’s participation in the Confederations Cup and today cited his joy at joining Villas-Boas’ side.

‘I feel I am ready to experience football at the highest level in Europe and the opportunity to play in England is a dream,’ said the midfielder, who is set to become one of the Premier League’s brightest stars.

‘It’s a great pleasure to be linked to such a great club like Tottenham. ‘They have a reputation as one of the great clubs in England who play exciting, attacking football which suits my style.

‘I couldn't turn them down if they made it made me an offer. It would be a great pleasure to play for Tottenham.’

Real Madrid, Inter Milan and Roma were also interested in the 15-cap international, but Spurs have beaten them to his signature.

Paulinho scored a fantastic equaliser for Brazil against England in a friendly clash earlier in the month.

Good Stuff 

strongest, not most effective tho, still lacking a bit of creativity imo (i think holtby & carroll could sort that between them tho) 

lol i keep telling people forget about our creativity

we are turning into a rebore chelsea side with them 3 in the middle, pace on the wings 

We have one space left for a creative player and that's LW.  I fully expect us to sign a striker and a creative player.

With the likes of Carroll, Sigs, Holtby, Dempsey, Lennon and Townsend we will have a very good squad! possibilities are endless and we won't get fucked if we get an injury (apart from Bale) 

New sponsor is meant to be Hewlett Packard again

:lol:

Doesnt sound like someone who wants to leave

Paulinho: There is no way I could turn down Tottenham... and they made it clear Bale is staying 

By SAMI MOKBEL 

PUBLISHED: 23:00, 27 June 2013 | UPDATED: 23:00, 27 June 2013 

0 View 

comments 

Paulinho has revealed he is on the brink of joining Tottenham this summer after confessing it would be 'dream' to play for the North London club. 

Spurs chiefs are confident they have sealed the Brazil midfielder's transfer from Corinthians ahead of next season. 

Wide open: Paulinho is on the verge of completing a move to Tottenham after the Confederations Cup 

The midfielder, 24, has been identified by manager Andre Villas-Boas as a primary transfer target and newly appointed technical director Franco Baldini has been working on securing the deal. 

And Paulinho, who is currently playing in the Confederations Cup, has dropped a huge hint that he is off to White Hart Lane. 

'It is important for the team and the Brazilian fans that at the moment all my focus is on winning the Confederations Cup - but after the tournament is finished I hope it is a deal that can get finalised quickly,' said Paulinho. 

Vital: Paulinho scored the decisive goal as Brazil beat Uruguay 2-1 to reach the final of the tournament 

On point: Spurs manager Andre Villas-Boas wants Paulinho to improve his options in midfield 

'To play in England for a great team like Tottenham is a dream. What I respect about Tottenham is the ambition they have shown. 

'This summer there has been interest in their coach and their best player - and they have been clear they both are not going anywhere. 

'When my agent made me aware that Tottenham were interested I knew it would not be a move that I could turn down. 

Surely he is ours now?

Great signing, first of many hopefully! 

Right back and a striker now and we are sorted

Oh and sell Parker

Shakhtar's striker Mkhitaryan was in a London hotel earlier this week. He wasn't talking to Liverpool. Agent is Mino Raiola, who looks after Ibra and Mario. Very well connected to Baldini.

Fack

Probably wasn't talking to us :lol:

Official?