Who is the current most tekked out English player?

kerser

A friend of mine has a good definition which is, technique being ball manipulation in receiving, carrying & striking the ball...

For me, to have great technique, you need to excel in those 3 areas & I don't think Sterling does just yet.

The players I mentioned earlier all do moreso than him even though Sterling may carry the ball better than Wilshere for example, his receiving & striking technique may OVERALL be better. As an example, not saying it isn't up for debate for the record.

He excels at the bolded.

A friend of mine has a good definition which is, technique being ball manipulation in receiving, carrying & striking the ball...

For me, to have great technique, you need to excel in those 3 areas & I don't think Sterling does just yet.

The players I mentioned earlier all do moreso than him even though Sterling may carry the ball better than Wilshere for example, his receiving & striking technique may OVERALL be better. As an example, not saying it isn't up for debate for the record.

So a player like Gotze wouldn't have great technique, because he doesn't strike the ball consistently with pinpoint accuracy and power? What about Alonso who excels in protecting the ball, not necessarily being able to carry it, same thing with Scholes, both excel in 2 of the 3 areas but i think both players are great technically.

Doubt many people would agree but jack carries the ball better than Sterling in fact most English players now.

*puts on flame proof suit*

great at carrying the ball into cul de sacs yeh.

• Upvote 1

Doubt many people would agree but jack carries the ball better than Sterling in fact most English players now.

*puts on flame proof suit*

great at carrying the ball into cul de sacs yeh.

Nothing to do with his ability or technique

He had just been playing like a idiot and wasn't even fit due to getting clampings for not releasing the ball soon enough

why man saying was like he doesnt still do it :lol:

He excels at the bolded.

He definitely excels in carrying the ball. I would say he's very good at receiving the ball but wouldn't say that's something he EXCELS at.

So a player like Gotze wouldn't have great technique, because he doesn't strike the ball consistently with pinpoint accuracy and power? What about Alonso who excels in protecting the ball, not necessarily being able to carry it, same thing with Scholes, both excel in 2 of the 3 areas but i think both players are great technically.

I hear what you're saying & agree to an extent. You don't have to excel in all 3 areas to be considered an elite technician but for me personally, you need to excel in at least 2 of the 3.

That isn't to say the other players compared EXCEL as such but I think in some areas, are overall better than Sterling.

• Downvote 1

Striking the ball is a technique but it has nothing to do with a player having tek IMO

Not a lot of the best technical players can strike the ball well where as there are thousands of guys especially on this country who have mastered the technique of striking the ball

I'd say a technical player has as much to do with football intelligence and usually goes hand in hand with a tactical awareness