Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

spiderman

theres new ninja turtles film coming in 2012 which is gonna be a combination of live action and CG (not the cartoony kind of CG in TMNT). originally it was gonna go back to being dark and gritty like the original comics aimed for a more adult audience, but now with nickelodeon owning the franchise i very much doubt its gonna go that way and they will probably ruin the turtles in the future. its sad because it feels like we deserve to get a more darker, adult version of the turtles since thats where their roots are and it would be coming full circle for the generation who grew up with them as kids to now see them in a more deeper and mature view, where there actually real ninjas and swords actually cut, etc etc. here is a picture of what could be/could've been.painting.jpg

they should make them real characters who face real personal problems in the real world insted of living in this perfect bubble world. of course the idea of ninja turtles is very fictional but it doesnt mean that they can't add realism to the world and the characters, i think the first film touched on that but still hung off the comical appeal of the TV show so u saw more loveable characters.they should take it the direction that christopher nolan took batman, not just to be dark but to be more believable and in character; after all a bunch of mutants who are basically alienated from society and who are seeking revenge for the death of their masters' master arent gonna be so friendly to the world by nature. A film that builds on that and highlights there personal conflicts in chosing to be honourable or to be consumed by revenge and negatvity, that film would have some depth which has fizzled out since the first film imo. In short, I wanna see the mirage turtles basically:skip to 4:40

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cp9HfJYCsK0

• 4 years later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm 29 so when I was growing the turtles were MY cartoon. I had the lot, clothes, pencil cases, watch before I could even tell the time. This comes out next Friday, not ashamed to say I'll be watching in an imax somewhere same day

Teenage mutant hero turtles >>>>>>>

I'm 29 so when I was growing the turtles were MY cartoon. I had the lot, clothes, pencil cases, watch before I could even tell the time. This comes out next Friday, not ashamed to say I'll be watching in an imax somewhere same day

Used to stunt on people wid MC Hammers rap still.

• Upvote 1

Used to stunt on people wid MC Hammers rap still.

Haha...THIS IS WHAT WE DO!

• 2 months later...

OK watched this - thought it had a good origin story, and tied the origin story in well with the film's main story. 

Good fight scenes, Shredder was a good villain, well matched for his opposition.

Shredder vs Splinter in the sewers,  :Y:

The skiing scene was the highlight of the movie for me, was perfectly made.

The problem is that rather than being a Turtles movie where April o Neil shows up trying to make the news, it's the opposite.

April o Neil is the main character, trying to capture a turtles news story. This isn't what I wanted to see, she should have had a few scenes in a film that was otherwise about the Turtles.

Then You have to add the fact that she's played by Megan Fox - make of that what You want. 

Didn't like how Shredder was reduced to being a silent partner who only showed up for fights, he should be a bigger character

It's very clearly made for kids, similar to the Amazing Spiderman series, so bare this in mind when deciding to watch.

I don't appreciate this at all, as the TNMT audience should be the people who watched the original series as kids who are now in their 20s. 

Slow motion was massively overused to the point of having no effect other than "more slow motion?"

Michael Bay thought it necessary to have a scene where a cinema displays the title of his new film Project Almanac "now showing" in the film.  :/  Nice self product placement.

Not much character development for Raphael or Leonardo, they were pretty much interchangeable as they had no personalities, but I liked computer nerd Donatello. 

DO NOT WATCH IN 3D!!! The only 3D in the film was in the comic strips before and after the film. 

Which were quite good, mind You, but wearing 3D glasses throughout a film because You want to have 3D comics before and after isn't appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm such a big fan of the Turtles as I am the Transformers.

But Michael Bay absolutely butched this

Hardly any proper fight scenes

Off key story

Splinter looked shit

Shredder :/ didnt like how huge they made him with far to much emphasis on his metal armour suit thing. Instead of focusing more on him being a better figher than the turtles

Too much Megan fox (n/h)

I could go on

The original movies shit on this

Its a shame because transformers 1 was awesome and appealed to my inner kid

The turtles movie failed to do that and was just a rushed mess imo