Thoughts on players like:

shaw

stones

barkley

chamberlain

chambers

wilshere

sterling

etc possibly playing at the Under 21's Championship.. even tho they have played for the Senior side.

a good or bad thing... guys??? 

It's got to be a good thing. surely for development.

Look at that team Under 21 team Germany had that beat England in 2009 at the Under 21's like half of them went on to win the WC 5 years like later so like , neuer, hummels, boateng, ozil khedira. Not saying that England will ever get to that zenith but surely these players need to playing as much international football to be able to compete but then domestic football matters come into place, if they are starting at there clubs, consistency, fitness, injuries etc.

no england midfielder that has started a game in the last year has scored and no midfielder for england bar lamps and gerro has scored since 2009. madness. but true say england struggled against san marino and estonia...no creativity in the middle of the park.

woy should scrap this diamond thouights, play 4-4-2 set up for the counter.

THOUGHTS??

• Upvote 1

I don't know how it's scheduled in relation to other football, but if there's a break for it, with no club or international football, they should all play

if there's full national football, the u21s who aren't needed for the first national team should play for the u21s

and if there's club football, they should stay and play for their clubs

for me anyway

• Upvote 1

The Arsenal lot won't go if they are called up for the seniors for the games against Ireland and Slovenia in June.

They may not even go if they have played 40+ games for Arsenal.

Only way I can see the Arsenal lot going is if things are peak for Wenger in May and he thinks you know what I don't need this additional battle let me go on holiday and just talk about signing "top top top quality"

Chamberlain should go he doesn't even he play for arsenal

Chambers too cos when everyone is fit he's not getting into the senior side

No point taking wilshere/sterling

Barkley/stones/Shaw should go but you can't change the whole squad cos that's a pisstake on those who qualified

I think milner is a perfect example of how it should be done, u21s till he is too old then into first team even when he had purple patches at Newcastle/villa

Unless a player looks like they are going to be a superstar then there is no point fast tracking

That way in 5 years time you will have squad players with 40 u21 caps ready to fill a role when needed

Ice, but what happens if the best English player for a position is under 21?

Should he not play for English first team since he's their best option?

/

I think choosing players because they were involved in qualifying is air.

Pick the players who are playing best for their clubs

Chamberlain should go he doesn't even he play for arsenal

Chambers too cos when everyone is fit he's not getting into the senior side

No point taking wilshere/sterling

Barkley/stones/Shaw should go but you can't change the whole squad cos that's a pisstake on those who qualified

I think milner is a perfect example of how it should be done, u21s till he is too old then into first team even when he had purple patches at Newcastle/villa

Unless a player looks like they are going to be a superstar then there is no point fast tracking

That way in 5 years time you will have squad players with 40 u21 caps ready to fill a role when needed

Nah this is the season, Wenger is going to force Chamberlain upon Arsenal. Think people over look at times this season Chamberlain has been ahead of not just Podolski & Rosicky (which he didnt do lat times last season) but Cazorla (which was unheard of until this season).

Chambers is making 40+, only thing stopping it atm is injury. Plus interesting to see what happens next month with Chambers, cos Johnson is back. When Kyle Walker and Stones back? Plus Clyde, altho Chambers was ahead of him last month.

Yeah but England love a fast track, especially a player already featuring for the top 4/6.

The fast track is so fa can make money

Crazy chambers was ahead of clyne when it was the other way at soton last season

• 4 weeks later...