Engagement time frame.

Davicious X

My girlfriends sister has been engaged for 6 years now. When she told me I burst out laughing. I didnt mean to but ya know.

She does of course want it to happen but finances and life yadda yadda.

Anyway, what is an except able time frame for remaining engaged in your mind? And of course why? What are the positives and negatives of being engaged so long?

if You haven't set a date for a wedding, You're not engaged. By setting a date, I mean booking a venue. 

it's all well and good that she said yes, and You got her a ring, but if that isn't being progressed into a wedding You're not yet engaged.

You're just any couple that want to think You're somehow ahead of the other couples who are just "in a relationship" by buying each other jewellery

Know one catholic vicar doing weddings for 170 in a nice old  church, venues 2,500 all in meal and after party discos at lovely hotel

so could easily be cheap but classy if you know the right people

money is just an excuse to avoid marriage if you really was desperate to marry there are cheap options available it isnt like you

have to have this big massive fairy tale wedding

My girlfriends sister has been engaged for 6 years now. When she told me I burst out laughing. I didnt mean to but ya know.

She does of course want it to happen but finances and life yadda yadda.

Anyway, what is an except able time frame for remaining engaged in your mind? And of course why? What are the positives and negatives of being engaged so long?

How long you been with your girl for?

Those that sit there saying I wont get engaged until I have the money saved is the same type of people that say I wont get a g/f till I got my own property or till they have 'experienced life' etc. These are the same people that maintain this kind of attitude then one day realise that they are getting older and the boat is slowly sailing

I initially got engaged while I had no money for a wedding or no solid date. Sometimes you just need to make the move to allow things to progress to that stage otherwise nothing will happen. In my case it eventually did and worked out well. I was engaged for around 4 years which in my situation wasnt too long

On the flip side though I do agree there are people out there that get engaged for the sake of it just for some kind of social status, probably with no intention of ever getting married 

but then again there are couples out there that live happy lives till death and never get married

each to their own 

• Upvote 1

fam this is vip2 u ain't got to that fraff to us

beyonce got your girl gassed and u got her a ring to shut her up

progress innit.

Tr

Got

TV

G

TV

TV

Yh

TV

G

G

By

By

TV

By

He

Uh

By

In

I

Kim

He

TV

G

By

G

V

F

BBC

TV

TB

Baby

That

B

That

H

GR

Greg

Tag

Th

• Downvote 2

Those that sit there saying I wont get engaged until I have the money saved is the same type of people that say I wont get a g/f till I got my own property or till they have 'experienced life' etc. These are the same people that maintain this kind of attitude then one day realise that they are getting older and the boat is slowly sailing

I initially got engaged while I had no money for a wedding or no solid date. Sometimes you just need to make the move to allow things to progress to that stage otherwise nothing will happen. In my case it eventually did and worked out well. I was engaged for around 4 years which in my situation wasnt too long

On the flip side though I do agree there are people out there that get engaged for the sake of it just for some kind of social status, probably with no intention of ever getting married

but then again there are couples out there that live happy lives till death and never get married

each to their own

100%

We have no money, but it's something that we feel we need to force the issue on.

So thanks to tradition we can have a small cheap family ceremony and get legally registered as married.

Then when the money comes have a 'proper' wedding 3-5 years after if need be.

My parents waited 35 years to have their church wedding but got legally married following the traditional ceremony in the 70's

My parents waited 35 years to have their church wedding but got legally married following the traditional ceremony in the 70's

then what's the point of the church wedding? You're already married?

have a 35 year anniversary party to celebrate being married 35 years