HOUSE RENT - PARENTS

underwriter

I think if you are an adult earning then you should make some form of contribution

I had to switch on donny last time I was livin there tho. 2 weeks after i landed a TEMP job she Talkin about I must pay ex amount of hundreds to sleep on the sofa. Eff that particularly when she knows im trying to save up to move out ASAP an if I gave the money she was trying to demand that would have been impossible. Shes then sayin im selfish an happy to go an pay rent to a stranger. Yh donny but not to sleep im someone's living room with 0 privacy

Its not to say I didn't contribute either. I regularly bought food an cooked for everyone. I even bought a tv

Joke ting

I had to hide when I was looking for a place until I actually found it cos she would act like I'm the worst offspring for it

SelFish. She has this weird attachment thing with me an I dnt like it

you are the son she never thought she had...

An you are the deviant tranny banger no parent wants

Deep

• Upvote 1

I'm not talking about guys who pay 1/2 bills a month I'm talking about the parents that take 5/6bills

Could never do that to my child when me and my wife and bringing in very comfortable money, would only do it as a way of saving it for them

The world is hard enough as it is, why make it even harder for them to catch up when you don't even need to

bloody hell who does this 

you sure your are not exaggerating 

imo 250 is the max a parent should ask from thier  child

I wish I was

One of my guys was paying rent from the day he turned 18 and was unemployed in full-time education

That just doesnt make sense to me at all

Cant remember how much it was back then but all I know is his donny was doing the birdman rub when that full-time job landed

I always paid rent and also bills when I was at home and always thought I had it hard until I moved out.

I will make my kids pay rent but I like to think the difference will be that I will secretly put in savings for them rather than actually needing it like my mum.

I think taking rent can be positive or negative depending on how you approach it. I know I was bitter paying mine sometimes, it definitely would have helped if my mum approached it like this is what things cost, this will teach you how to manage money etc whilst helping out the family. Goes a lot further than a "you need to pay rent".

Had one boy whos mum took £40 of his £60 JSA when he was looking for a job :rofl:

how can you be 18 + in a full time job and not willing to give some of your earnings to the people that raised you

unless your parents are balling then there should be no issues with giving some of your pay to your parents

I'm not talking about guys who pay 1/2 bills a month I'm talking about the parents that take 5/6bills

Could never do that to my child when me and my wife and bringing in very comfortable money, would only do it as a way of saving it for them

The world is hard enough as it is, why make it even harder for them to catch up when you don't even need to

I wish I was

One of my guys was paying rent from the day he turned 18 and was unemployed in full-time education

Cant remember how much it was back then but all I know is his donny was doing the birdman rub when that full-time job landed

:lmao:

how can you be 18 + in a full time job and not willing to give some of your earnings to the people that raised you

unless your parents are balling then there should be no issues with giving some of your pay to your parents

CS.

Used to pay £200 a month, couldn't complain.

I wish I was

:lmao:
:rofl: playboy bring me with the 9-5 retail monies.

I always paid rent and also bills when I was at home and always thought I had it hard until I moved out.

I will make my kids pay rent but I like to think the difference will be that I will secretly put in savings for them rather than actually needing it like my mum.

I think taking rent can be positive or negative depending on how you approach it. I know I was bitter paying mine sometimes, it definitely would have helped if my mum approached it like this is what things cost, this will teach you how to manage money etc whilst helping out the family. Goes a lot further than a "you need to pay rent".

this hopefully

Long story short. Paid "house keeping" whilst living at home nothing too extortionate, never had a problem doing it tbh. It was the right thing to be doing.

When I moved out few years back Mum gives me access to a bank account with just under 2k in it. Was happy to get the money but a part of me wished shed just have kept it tbh.

My Dad used to charge £50 quid a month then that went up to £150 a month, I was vexed at first. My brother refused to pay it and got dashed out, which was fair. You can't expect to use the electric,the gas, eat the food etc and can't put a bit of money in? My brother refused to pay 150 a month but was happy buying designer clothes every other week.

When I moved out my dad gave me 20 grand to go towards whatever I wanted. Banked it, Moved into my wifeys mums house for a year and we both saved and didn't have to pay rent, so we had a fat deposit and combined savings when we brought our first property.  

So for me it worked and taught me to look after my money, but if your dad or mumsy is just pocketing that money unluck.  :lol:

• Upvote 1

I've actually known parents that have told their children that rent is due, the difference is that while the parent is taking the money, they are actually saving it for their children without them knowing, so when the children get to a more responsible age there is a nice lump sum for them to utilise for a house or a car or something sensible like that.

I should be in position to do this for my children in the next 18 months if things continue along the current trajectory.

tbh i dont think this is my situation, i think my situation is to contribute to the bills because my dad is an enigma, so now the burden has been put onto me when i was looking to move out myself...

Long story short. Paid "house keeping" whilst living at home nothing too extortionate, never had a problem doing it tbh. It was the right thing to be doing.

When I moved out few years back Mum gives me access to a bank account with just under 2k in it. Was happy to get the money but a part of me wished shed just have kept it tbh.

Why? She short you? :rofl: