Week 15 - 14/15 Premier League / UCL & Europa

User

idiots blaming the formation

like its lvg thats misplacing passes and clearances out there

Do the personnel suit the formation in your opinion?

Regardless of misplaced passes

How can you regard the misplaced passes bro?

and not perfectly, but when preparing for a game, it is tactics/system first - then u go from there

what players were blaring obvious BEFORE the start of the game that you wouldnt of started

young and valencia havent been bad recently

Obviously the goal came from a horrible pass in a bad position that killed us so im not tryna disregard the passes entirely.

But this system encourages misplaced passes due to the lack of options ahead of the midfield man with the ball.

This formation, against a 4231 espescially youre making it difficult for yourself to get out. Oppo double pivot just have to drop off and block balls direct to your front two's feet and all of a sudden you have more options behind you than in front of you. Our 'spare' players generally are the rcb and lcb, hence them both needing to be ballers to advance past the oppo front 3 and start moving the defence.

Bro theres pros and cons for both formations. You'd be foolish to think a 4231 always beats a 352/532, cant be bothered to get into it

but at the end of the day, i dont see how anybody can watch this game and think its the system, we changed it didnt we? and the same problems continued did it not? the players have been sh*t, devoid of creativity and responsbility, fellaini mare, mata mare, rooney mare, mcnair mare. This wasn't because of the system ffs

Do be bothered to get into it, I wanna hear.

Im not saying 4231 always beats 532/352 but when your two front men are rooney and rvp, neither particularly quick and/or likely to go past 2/3 players your centre backs and centre mids have minimal options everytime theyre on the ball. Pitch becomes very narrow, wing backs become reluctant to push on as they know there is a high chance of a poor ball due to lack of options centrally and theyll be caught out of position, centre backs end up hesitating and rushing or tryna force a ball and were on the back foot very quickly.

How can the system not mean anything when:

-your wingbacks who are ironically wingers offer nothing going forward

-your cms have zero pace or agility

-your strikers are static and don't move into channels

-your 10 doesn't roam and pop up in pockets

That's just breaking it down on the surface level without even given it a rigorous analysis

We looked good against Chelsea and City playing a more comfortable formation, then we go back to the formation which had us looking shaky at the start of the season and what do you know we look suspect again both defensively and offensively

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

and not perfectly, but when preparing for a game, it is tactics/system first - then u go from there

what players were blaring obvious BEFORE the start of the game that you wouldnt of started

Obviously the goal came from a horrible pass in a bad position that killed us so im not tryna disregard the passes entirely.

But this system encourages misplaced passes due to the lack of options ahead of the midfield man with the ball.

This formation, against a 4231 espescially youre making it difficult for yourself to get out. Oppo double pivot just have to drop off and block balls direct to your front two's feet and all of a sudden you have more options behind you than in front of you. Our 'spare' players generally are the rcb and lcb, hence them both needing to be ballers to advance past the oppo front 3 and start moving the defence.

Bro theres pros and cons for both formations. You'd be foolish to think a 4231 always beats a 352/532, cant be bothered to get into it

but at the end of the day, i dont see how anybody can watch this game and think its the system, we changed it didnt we? and the same problems continued did it not? the players have been sh*t, devoid of creativity and responsbility, fellaini mare, mata mare, rooney mare, mcnair mare. This wasn't because of the system ffs

Im not saying 4231 always beats 532/352 but when your two front men are rooney and rvp, neither particularly quick and/or likely to go past 2/3 players your centre backs and centre mids have minimal options everytime theyre on the ball. Pitch becomes very narrow, wing backs become reluctant to push on as they know there is a high chance of a poor ball due to lack of options centrally and theyll be caught out of position, centre backs end up hesitating and rushing or tryna force a ball and were on the back foot very quickly.

nah bro its long, i do enough of this at work lol

your right though, still doesn't mean its the only way, or your way was more probable of playing better football than LVGs way

because if u set them up however. 442. 433. 532, 343 and they pass like THAT

forget about it

• Upvote 1

title is staying in manchester depending on jan/cl draw imo

nah bro its long, i do enough of this at work lol

your right though, still doesn't mean its the only way, or your way was more probable of playing better football than LVGs way

because if u set them up however. 442. 433. 532, 343 and they pass like THAT

forget about it

I didnt even give a way of playing tbh and i agree no formation or system can account for players not making passes any professional should.

For me though this formation just invites pressure onto us way more than it should and way more than our shaky defence can handle.

But f*ck it three points, 5 on the bounce. Compared to this time last season im over the moon.

Use all the sundips and road references you want it doesn't change the fact you can't grasp the facts that players are playing in unfamiliar positions which is going to lead to poorer positional play and a poorer level of passing as they are not used to the position taken on the pitch of the other players in the system in comparison to other formations

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

LVG 'our passing was terrible, our positional play terrible, their only chances came from our misplaced passes"

dum dum dummmmm

And you don't think the formation which they aren't familiar with isn't a large reason as to why they had poor positional play?

Try and reply on topic about football

not gonna tell u to shutup again

stupid simpleton

levels dropped where? like you add anything astute to a football tactical conversation u plank

no they had poor positional play because they are uneducated positionally, hence my LVG giving them way to much credit comment thinking these are Man United players so they must be able to do what i require, but they cant... 

so in a nutshell your saying play a formation everybodys familiar with, lol, gtfoh

• Upvote 1

Use all the sundips and road references you want it doesn't change the fact you can't grasp the facts that players are playing in unfamiliar positions which is going to lead to poorer positional play and a poorer level of passing as they are not used to the position taken on the pitch of the other players in the system in comparison to other formations

who cant grasp the fact?

road references? i'd break your jaw u stupid prick refrain from posting to me, i tell u once every year

they aren't playing in unfamiliar positions, they are playing in familiar positions but asked to do a different role, trust me i know what im talking about f*ckboy

a different role that LVG thinks they will be capable of playing to high standard, cause like i said, he wants to instill belief and trust. But when match day comes, they turn to sh*t on a stick

poor positional play comes from poor decision making from either you, or a team mate forcing u to cover for them, not because they dont understand the 'position' they have been training in all week and most of their careers

"they're not used to the position taken on the pitch of the other players in the system in comparison to other formations"

:rofl:

you stupid sh*t

• Upvote 2

I'm pretty sure LVG has only reverted back to 352 because we have no full backs available, it's logical to use a system that offers the replacement FB support without opening apart the CBs. IMO it's better that he first arrived with the intention of playing 352 so that the whole team has experience with it. He knew we had no full back cover when he arrived so he knew this would be a likely contigency. The formation isn't the problem however, I don't agree that the distinct lack of quality and attention is down to positional experience. The instinctive pass may not be on but majority of the hesitation and sloppiness is happening in the centre of the pitch where not a lot has changed.