The Watch thread

Brem

Yeah so I saw some asian brother on the tube today with the pimped up real version of my one. Yeah...

I had my arm up on the railing coz it was a full tube, spotted it, mine was probably like 30 centimetres away, I actually tucked it back in to hide it away, can't be displaying my poor quality imitation when my mans got his big nice watch there.

Basically, I need my own one now. For real.

• Upvote 1

Lol at saying cos u got a iphone there is no need for a watch

lol at what u or anyone else in this thread spend on these high end watches
people take u seriously when u have a watch
them ja wealth quotes

He has a point though. Corporate environments are very much like that. Such as financial services and banking.

You know what I take it back

If you're genuinely into watches and that your thing then fair play, but if its just to show to everyone that you can afford an expensive watch then I think that's really sad.

I think it's just the whole showing off culture we seem to be living in I'm tired of.

somthing very primitive about the need to wear shiney things imo.

• Upvote 7

Lol at saying cos u got a iphone there is no need for a watch

lol at what u or anyone else in this thread spend on these high end watches
people take u seriously when u have a watch
them ja wealth quotes
He has a point though. Corporate environments are very much like that. Such as financial services and banking.
certain observations i have made of the coporate lot

They just genuinely believe in the whole time is money mantra

They always leave their mobile fones and keys on tables :lol: some unwritten mannerisms

even more dumb when u consider basically everyone in 2014 has a iphone or smartphone or some typa phone

which does what the rolly does plus a million other things

so basically these man just paying for a shiny wrist ornament

A nice watch has class about it which cannot be replicated by an iPhone. Not everything in life needs functionality as prime objective. Mine is a mechanical watch (automatic), I therefore know that practically any digital watch will keep time more accurately over the course of a week or month. But there is no magic in that, in having any circuit board regulating the time. There is no craftsmanship. Maybe it comes with age.

/

Craftsmanship >

Nah

Details >>>>

its all relativity lets be honest... if every single poster in this thread was a millionaire, we would care not to buy hublots, patek phillipe, raymond wills etc for 100,000+

we only are shocked because we relate it to ourselves and our income, so if a next man comes and he is shining a 40k watch, cant be mad

not a watch person but i love them wares watches, think ill cop one in the new year