The Watch thread

Brem

Stay swiss and everythings cool

tags the best entry level luxury watch imo

54 minutes ago, Gordon Gekko said:

As a consumer item a watch definitely is a good investment compared to others as, if you buy the right brand and/or the right model then it will retain value at the least. No other consumer item gives you that luxury

of course they hold value better than a lcd tv will but they still only go down dont they? bar limited models

On 13 May 2016 at 11:35 AM, Gordon Gekko said:

Nice! You going pre-owned or brand new?

The market for pre-owned luxury watches is very healthy right now (not just pawnbrokers) and you can pick up a refurb that looks like retail but well below retail price.

Look into it if you haven't already; you might find a more reasonable price on a Yachtmaster 

Pre-owned, seen some nice peices for the 10-12k mark.

10 hours ago, Meticulous said:

what makes you think that?

I have a work colleague, that's his investment from his younger days. Showed me his collection it was worth a fortune. He knows his stuff history and brands to look out for. Not one of these peeps that just buy stuff because of its name and what not. 

He attends these auctions and prestigious watch events across europe. Some of those watches go up in value with age. 

• 2 years later...

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/stab-him-stab-him-shout-of-moped-gang-who-knifed-financier-for-75k-watch-a3935911.html

“Fed up”: Dr Rachid Mekhalfia handed over his silver Patek Philippe watch after being attacked with a machete

“Fed up”: Dr Rachid Mekhalfia handed over his silver Patek Philippe watch after being attacked with a machete ( NIGEL HOWARD © )

A wealthy financier was stabbed by machete-wielding moped thugs who snatched his £75,000 Swiss watch.

Dr Rachid Mekhalfia, 46, was set upon by three men as he stood beside his Range Rover while it was being inspected by a mechanic in Kilburn.

The father-of-four grappled with his attackers as one shouted “stab him, stab him” before he was knifed in the knee with a machete.

ADVERTISING

Fearing for his life, he handed over the silver Patek Philippe timepiece  and the robbers sped from the scene on a moped.

Today Dr Mekhalfia, who runs his own wealth management firm, offered a £5,000 reward for information about the attackers after becoming frustrated with the progress of the police investigation.

He told the Standard: “I am traumatised by all of this. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night, thinking I could have been killed. I won’t open my car window now when I’m stopped, and I always panic whenever I see a moped.

“I knew I had to give the watch up. I’ve got a wife and four children, it was not worth losing my life over. Everything was happening so fast, I just knew I had to survive.”

watch.jpg The stolen silver Patek watch

Dr Mekhalfia, who lives in Knightsbridge, had taken his Range Rover for repairs a day before a family holiday when he was attacked in Palmerston Road at 7.15pm on August 22.

In the struggle the mechanic, who believed the gang were trying to steal the car, threw Dr Mekhalfia’s keys in the bushes, leaving him unable to escape.

Dr Mekhalfia claims that when police arrived, residents who had witnessed the incident refused to give evidence. His attackers are described as black and aged 18 to 25. The watch is silver with a blue dial and has a new strap link and a scratch on the glass. 

In January moped thugs armed with hammers and a gun attacked his £200,000 Bentley in a bid to steal the same watch as he waited in traffic, but he managed to drive off. 

Of the reward, he said: “I want to make a difference. We must bring these thugs to justice. These people do not care who they target, they will do it to anyone, and I am fed up with it. There are not enough police around and these people are getting away with it.”

Don't feel sorry for that greasy moroccan wealth management  c*nt at all, what r u trying to prove wearing your pp in a area full of broke people, who are you trying to stunt on 

Ostentatious displays of wealth in public ie pissing on a tree and marking yourself at the top of the pyramid of humanity, well where are u in thst pyramid with a chete sticking out your knee, no watch and nobody willing to give a Statement. Somewhere near the middle at most I would say 

On 9/14/2018 at 1:49 PM, Horatio Caine said:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/stab-him-stab-him-shout-of-moped-gang-who-knifed-financier-for-75k-watch-a3935911.html

“Fed up”: Dr Rachid Mekhalfia handed over his silver Patek Philippe watch after being attacked with a machete

“Fed up”: Dr Rachid Mekhalfia handed over his silver Patek Philippe watch after being attacked with a machete ( NIGEL HOWARD © )

A wealthy financier was stabbed by machete-wielding moped thugs who snatched his £75,000 Swiss watch.

Dr Rachid Mekhalfia, 46, was set upon by three men as he stood beside his Range Rover while it was being inspected by a mechanic in Kilburn.

The father-of-four grappled with his attackers as one shouted “stab him, stab him” before he was knifed in the knee with a machete.

ADVERTISING

Fearing for his life, he handed over the silver Patek Philippe timepiece  and the robbers sped from the scene on a moped.

Today Dr Mekhalfia, who runs his own wealth management firm, offered a £5,000 reward for information about the attackers after becoming frustrated with the progress of the police investigation.

He told the Standard: “I am traumatised by all of this. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night, thinking I could have been killed. I won’t open my car window now when I’m stopped, and I always panic whenever I see a moped.

“I knew I had to give the watch up. I’ve got a wife and four children, it was not worth losing my life over. Everything was happening so fast, I just knew I had to survive.”

watch.jpg The stolen silver Patek watch

Dr Mekhalfia, who lives in Knightsbridge, had taken his Range Rover for repairs a day before a family holiday when he was attacked in Palmerston Road at 7.15pm on August 22.

In the struggle the mechanic, who believed the gang were trying to steal the car, threw Dr Mekhalfia’s keys in the bushes, leaving him unable to escape.

Dr Mekhalfia claims that when police arrived, residents who had witnessed the incident refused to give evidence. His attackers are described as black and aged 18 to 25. The watch is silver with a blue dial and has a new strap link and a scratch on the glass. 

In January moped thugs armed with hammers and a gun attacked his £200,000 Bentley in a bid to steal the same watch as he waited in traffic, but he managed to drive off. 

Of the reward, he said: “I want to make a difference. We must bring these thugs to justice. These people do not care who they target, they will do it to anyone, and I am fed up with it. There are not enough police around and these people are getting away with it.”

owns a wealth management firm, 

got jacked of a 75k watch... offers 5k reward. 

offering a reward the way he dodges taxes kmt