circumsision as an adult?

Woodpecker

I had mine done at the age of 21 (4 years ago) due to tearing my banjo (can't remember the medical term).

The NHS put me on a YEAR long waiting list without my knowledge so a big complaint was put in after 6 months and they funded me to get it done on private.

They used general anaesthetic on me so I can't comment on the procedure, although some surgeons prefer to use local anaesthetic. f*ck being awake when that is getting done though. I had no bandaging around me after surgery which surprised me and they advised about putting it on.

For around 5 months after surgery, I was in serious pain. 29 stitches were put into me, 28 snapped. The problem with circumcision in men is that in our sleep, we get around 7 erections a night. So I would wake up due to the pain before it becoming erect and try to think about anything to put me off, but after waiting such a long time for surgery, obviously I hadn't been 'relieved' in a while. One by one the stitches snapped over a period of about 3 weeks. This was unbelievably painful. By far the worst pain I have ever had. All but 1 stitch snapped.

After this, obviously the original skin falls down from around the bell end (medical term unknown), and fresh skin is formed. Painful to touch, and when you walk around, it rubs and rubs, again very painful and irritating. If you have ever snapped your whole finger nail off and felt the sensitivity of the skin where the nail should be, then it is kind of like that.

It took around 5/6 months to fully heal, even after then I was still careful. Now it is just scarred. The 'fresh' skin is a differant colour to the skin Ive had since birth, but its nothing freaky or off putting. I prefer being circumcised to not, as it is so much cleaner and as said in an earlier post, you definitely last longer due to losing sensitivity.

Saying that though, I wouldn't get it done as an adult unless you medically need to due to the pain. Its not worth going through, trust me!! Although if I had a son, I would probably get him circumcised at birth or whenever they can do it.

Jesus Christ the way I was squirming around reading this post ?

I personally look at this debate from the neutral perspective (Obviously it cant be 100% because im a dude with dangly bits) However I try my best

And I believe there is an equal argument from both sides so it boils down to personal preference 

As a human race will we look back at this and think wow we were such primitive savages for doing such a thing to our bodies? Perhaps we will, just the same way we look back at some of the medical habits of a thousand years ago and just frown, but then again they never had antiseptic back then or antibiotics for example, so they handled the situation by the only means they had which is fair enough. 

Maybe in the future we will find a way to have all the perceived benefits (cleanliness, last longer, aesthetics etc) without having to 'mutilate'.....what then? will we still have the need to do it? perhaps not

All I know from a personal perspective and as somebody who has had their knackers chopped as a baby, I personally dont know any different (like Mongy who got his done as an adult) and for me the perceived benefits are in favour of getting it done therefore I will continue to do so to my kids (Which I have) and perhaps until perception changes and society accepts it as something unnecessary for a legitimate reason (Not like how it is in the balance as it is now) then maybe somewhere down the line my descendants will stop doing it.....who knows?

In conclusion I believe as I said before, at the moment it is down to personal preference so nobody has the right to disagree with another mans wishes (As many people especially in this thread have done so disrespectfully) and especially to disrespect ones culture and customs like that is uncalled for hypocritical 

perhaps perception changes and society accepts it as something unnecessary for a legitimate reason (Not like how it is in the balance as it is now) then maybe somewhere down the line my descendants will stop doing it.....who knows?

english society's saw it as unnecessary for a century now tho

it's only certain groups carrying it on whether for religious reasons or jus general hard headed adamant father syndrome

it's the same as eating certain foods before illnesses and diseases were properly understood

google it yourself, there's a hundred reasons against it n thats why rates are dropping globally 

Which was what everyone who's had it done has said ain't it?

guarantee thats what these geezas say aswell

2gufbzc.jpg

look how smug he is

tellin his boys how the birds love it and he can catch flys easy peasy

bet u wont find a guy who stretched his earlobes out admitting he looks like a prat either

human nature

• Upvote 1

Usa is the super country and dominant society

They do it at birth as standard

Badman you are no where near neutral and your initial proclamation that those with views against circumcision an purporting feminist views (which you havnt adresswd when questioned )clearly shows you have 0 neutrality. Not to mention the fact you are circumsized

The arguments on either side are not equal either

Women are best placed to be "neutral" in this argument but they wont be

Mongy is the best person to give an opinion and I find it interesting that he supports the practice particularly one of his reasons bein u last longer. Don't you care about yourself? Dont you feel pissed that you've lost sensation?

The cleanliness argument is complete twoddle

Aesthetics is a non argument since its completely subjective an all genitals are relatively ugly anyway

So what are we left with?

Tradition

Pfft

If thats your tradition then fine but don't be tryin to talk about this an that benefit in convincing other people of this being a good idea

If its religious you should think about what it actually means to your relationship with God. People like to go through ritual an prayer but if it doesn't mean anything whats the point?

• Upvote 6

Lol at needing a circumcision to last longer. Niggas need to get their fitness/pipe game up.

If you are not circumcised and have an issue with cleanliness, you are just nasty and unhygienic in general. No excuse to have dutty Willy.

Not circumcised and have no issues with either. Nonsense argument anyway everything is subjective.

Badman you are no where near neutral and your initial proclamation that those with views against circumcision an purporting feminist views (which you havnt adresswd when questioned )clearly shows you have 0 neutrality. Not to mention the fact you are circumsized

Mongy is the best person to give an opinion and I find it interesting that he supports the practice particularly one of his reasons bein u last longer. Don't you care about yourself? Dont you feel pissed that you've lost sensation?

Aesthetics is a non argument since its completely subjective an all genitals are relatively ugly anyway

Tradition

Pfft

If thats your tradition then fine but don't be tryin to talk about this an that benefit in convincing other people of this being a good idea

If its religious you should think about what it actually means to your relationship with God. People like to go through ritual an prayer but if it doesn't mean anything whats the point?

What eks saying nowadays?

Is he cool?

Tradition

Pfft

Grafter, firstly lets clear a few bits up

1, I Never linked anti circumcision with feminism. Can you please highlight where I did that? I likened Cyphers unbalanced stance and style of his argument (manipulation of wording, subtle aggression etc) with that of a feminist because thats how my perception of the kind of persona a feminist has. That was just an observation I have stated that a few times already

2, I already outlined and highlighted my limitations of being able to have a balanced argument in the subject matter (due to being directly involved) but I did say that I was going to give it my best shot. I believe that I did a pretty decent job to be fair, I weighed out the pros and conns and tried to see things from both sides (which again certain people in this thread have refused to do, yourself being one of them) In any case if you are sitting there and saying that I have no right to at least give it my best shot to formulate a balanced argument thats slightly unfair dont you think? In which case are you saying that only you are qualified to comment? being the only person capable of giving a balanced argument in your eyes?

Funny thing is I dont personally agree with Mongys pro arguments either, but hes experienced both sides so who am I to argue right?

3, when you said that arguments on either side are not equal, that is your opinion tbh and on top of that the rest of your comments after that is your biased opinion and completely one sided. For somebody that proclaims to be in the best position to give a balanced argument I believe you have done a terrible job at it 

4, Have never once tried to convince anybody to do anything, I rebuke that

5, your point about religion is quite condescending, borderline hypocritical as it is quite personal and none of us have the right to question our relationship with God.

In conclusion, I believe the subject matter especially in this thread has been longed out and strung to the point where its just becoming repetitive and boring. Its obvious that there are a lot of conflicting views on it but like I concluded the first time round (which I believe is fair and has been purposefully ignored)

In conclusion I believe as I said before, at the moment it is down to personal preference so nobody has the right to disagree with another mans wishes (As many people especially in this thread have done so disrespectfully) and especially to disrespect ones culture and customs like that is uncalled for and hypocritical

If you are going to attempt to formulate an argument please at least have the courtesy to address all the points made and not just pick and chose, twist and manipulate then ignore the rest.

I value your input in a lot of subject areas and happy to duke it out in long text as long as the basic rules of engagement are adhered to and not purposely obscured for the sake of a pos from Lenny who usually disagrees with me with anything in life  :P (hes usually right though lol)

1. I still disagree that calling it mutilation is anything but simply calling it what it is.

2. Well if you say you gave it your best shot then that's what you did. Only you kno what your best is

3. The reason the arguments are not equal...in fact can the arguments on any debate be described as equal? I said women are best placed to be neutral because they don't have peneses but I said they won't be including myself cos I already have formed a strong opinion on one side. I feel I have successfully poo pooed the main arguments In favour of the procedure and I'm yet to see any legitimate challenge?

4. You may not be trying to convince someone to do it but the tone of advocacy in here from those who do advocate the practice is filled with this one way is better than the other malarchy. I have plainly pointed out that it is not better

5. My point about religion is progressive and not condescending. Did you see my post about circumcision of the heart? Why is it hypocritical? Is there something you know of in my own life you can compare this to?

I am a spiritually progressive individual who seeks constantly spiritual growth and enlightenment and I always encourage people to think about what it is they are sayin an doing in the name of God.

This applies to things like eatin the so called body of christ in church to prostrating an reciting mantra 5 times a day simply because that is something you think you are supposed to do. If your heart isn't right sayin words doesn't matter neither does choppin ur penis

I think its a valuable consideration to point out to someone before they go an make such a drastic decision

I'm not dismissing customs here I just think we shouldn't just do something cos "that's just how it is"

I don't post for pos...

1. I still disagree that calling it mutilation is anything but simply calling it what it is.

2. Well if you say you gave it your best shot then that's what you did. Only you kno what your best is

3. The reason the arguments are not equal...in fact can the arguments on any debate be described as equal? I said women are best placed to be neutral because they don't have peneses but I said they won't be including myself cos I already have formed a strong opinion on one side. I feel I have successfully poo pooed the main arguments In favour of the procedure and I'm yet to see any legitimate challenge?

4. You may not be trying to convince someone to do it but the tone of advocacy in here from those who do advocate the practice is filled with this one way is better than the other malarchy. I have plainly pointed out that it is not better

5. My point about religion is progressive and not condescending. Did you see my post about circumcision of the heart? Why is it hypocritical? Is there something you know of in my own life you can compare this to?

I am a spiritually progressive individual who seeks constantly spiritual growth and enlightenment and I always encourage people to think about what it is they are sayin an doing in the name of God.

This applies to things like eatin the so called body of christ in church to prostrating an reciting mantra 5 times a day simply because that is something you think you are supposed to do. If your heart isn't right sayin words doesn't matter neither does choppin ur penis

I think its a valuable consideration to point out to someone before they go an make such a drastic decision

I'm not dismissing customs here I just think we shouldn't just do something cos "that's just how it is"

I don't post for pos...

1, Why isnt things like tattooing and body piercing refereed to as mutilation as well then in that case? Like I said, strategic use of words used in a literal manor to incite a particular (quite often emotional) response to push ones agenda 

3, I forgot to add that I do agree that saying that both sides will never be equal is stating the obvious, was in response to you saying "The arguments on either side are not equal either"

4, I do agree that many people on here have, im just responding as you mentioned my name and didnt distinguish that you were referring to other people in this thread. I kinda guessed that you was doing this but I was just pointing that outas it could potentially be misinterpreted

5, Its a touchy subject and although your intentions are admirable (the desire for spiritual growth and learning) it could be interpreted as being imposing on other people especially when you are not aware of other peoples stance on the subject matter. Hypocritical because I am sure you dont want people telling you about yourself when other people impose themselves onto you even though you would probably relish the opportunity to engage with said people in healthy debate.

The last bit you mentioned I couldn't agree more but then if that is your stance then the same has to be said in anything in life. But then you are basically waging war with the 'status quo' Are you really about that life? If so think about the implications lol (Im pretty sure you have already)

1. If it meets the definition then that is what it is. The truth maybe an offence but it is not a sin

3. It was you who first said the arguments are equal

5.maybe it does come across as preachy an imposing but its only because of my concern for other human beings. I have never said don't do it I jus wanna hear some good reasons

I would love for someone to tell me about myself if it leads to self improvement...if what they say is reasoned an logical. Part if growin up is taking on criticism and processing it appropriately. I would not like someone telling me im wrong jus because.

Lol @waging war against the status quo - very emotive language

Whilst I won't do things jus because that's the way it is I also won't insist on being different just for the sake of it

If something doesn't sit right with me I won't do it. Or I will work towards not being involved. This doesn't mean im engaging in warfare. It just means im a reasoned human being who tries her best

• 4 weeks later...