Victor Valdes

Mame Biram Diouf

Might be a chess move by Woodward

Apparently Mendes wont discuss De Gea's contract until we either sign Falcao this window or come out and say we wont keep him on next season

Guess its our way of saying we will bench De Gea and run down his contract before giving into his demands as we now can afford to lose him

• 6 months later...

Off to Antalyaspor

fell out with lvg

6 fgn rule abolished

Carvajal told AS.com: "I've been contacted by a series of individuals from Turkey to negotiate a move for Victor. But I haven't spoken with the president of the Turkish club in question. I don't know him. I have no plans to talk with them again as my player has no interest in a move to Antalyaspor.

"His only wishes are to remain at Manchester United and he has another year left on his contract. We don't see any reason for him to leave the club.

"United are amongst the top two or three best teams in the world. Victor is keen to fight for a place next season and wants to help the club as much as he can."

_84246678_victor_valdes_reuters.jpg

Valdes left out of Man Utd tour squad

There are three goalkeepers in United's squad, who fly out to the States today. They are David De Gea (no move to Real, then?),Sam Johnstone and Anders Lindegaard.

Some more on the news Victor Valdes has been left out Manchester United's squad for a pre-season tour of the United States.

Speaking to Spanish newspaper AS earlier today, Valdes' agent said his client was committed to staying at Old Trafford.

"Victor is enthusiastic to have a place in the team for next season and is ready to give his best to help the team much more," he said.

Yh but he has fallen out with lvg tho

And them leaving him out the tour proves me right

Good on him for standing up for himself tho

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Asked why Valdes is not on the tour, Louis says he doesn't follow my philosophy so no place for one player. Philosophy is how you play football and how you maintain your match rhythm. Last year he refused to play in the 2nd team. That's one aspect but there are others.

Says there is only one way and that is out. Confirms he is being sold. Big disappointment for us. We thought he'd follow out philosophy. It's a pity cos we've given opportunity to rehab then given a contract. When you don't play in 1st team you have to play in 2nd, every player has to play that and he refused that.

Picked in last game to help him and to show his qualities for another club.

Summary from redcafe