Gerrard ''I Couldn't Retire Without Winning a League Title''

Mame Biram Diouf

Steven Gerrard says he is determined to compete for trophies during his time at Los Angeles Galaxy.

It was announced on Wednesday that the 34-year-old Liverpool midfielder will join the Major League Soccer side in July, by which time the American season will be in full swing.

“I still feel like a player, still know I can perform well for the next couple of years, so I want to go in to a setup with a winning mentality, a team that's used to winning and with people that also want to win in the future.

Gerrard was courted by Galaxy coach Bruce Arena and team president Chris Klein, and says he was impressed by what they had to say.

"Their pursuing me was very aggressive," he said

"All the talks with them have been very positive. It was them telling me what I wanted to hear, telling me about the winning mentality of the club, about their aims and goals for the future.

"That basically suits me, at this stage of my career. They want success and that's what I want. They seem to me like they are winners and that's how I see myself.

“I will be going over to hopefully win some medals.

pmsllll 

Too many quotables

Gerrard was definitely moving like this after he pressed submit post

3825788-rap+battle.gif

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• 3 months later...

"Gerrard is a great player and we want an English core very much," Mourinho told The Times. "We normally play a midfield triangle and you can imagine that Gerrard and (Frank) Lampard, with (Claude) Makelele just behind them as protection, could be a very strong team but I think it is Gerrard's loss more than Chelsea's.
"Why? Because Chelsea have good solutions; a good team with the conditions to improve and a club which will be one of the best in the world in a short period of time.
"So when he decides not to join this club, I think it will be a loss for him, for his career.
"He can say 'I was European champion at Liverpool' and I have to say that is correct.
"But I can say to him in the next 10 years we will compare trophies at Chelsea and trophies at Liverpool. And he will lose."

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

• Upvote 7

"Gerrard is a great player and we want an English core very much," Mourinho told The Times. "We normally play a midfield triangle and you can imagine that Gerrard and (Frank) Lampard, with (Claude) Makelele just behind them as protection, could be a very strong team but I think it is Gerrard's loss more than Chelsea's.

"Why? Because Chelsea have good solutions; a good team with the conditions to improve and a club which will be one of the best in the world in a short period of time.

"So when he decides not to join this club, I think it will be a loss for him, for his career.

"He can say 'I was European champion at Liverpool' and I have to say that is correct.

"But I can say to him in the next 10 years we will compare trophies at Chelsea and trophies at Liverpool. And he will lose."

zx1wyiwpiwfix2i9pvrn.jpg

That shit that make your soul burn slow.

zx1wyiwpiwfix2i9pvrn.jpg

Was crazy turning that down.

Crazy.

Winning titles in America doesn't count. Bollocks to that.

tumblr_ncm4ouoijL1rthlemo2_400.gif

That sh*t that make your soul burn slow.

deep

zx1wyiwpiwfix2i9pvrn.jpg

Was crazy turning that down.

Crazy.

tbf he turned it down because the pool goons threatened him and his family.

them man don't play still.

:rofl:

Believe what you want but the people actually from Liverpool who aren't deluded will know whats up.

I used to be in Liverpool quite alot back then as my boys were at John Moors uni, so I got to know quite a few people from there.

I was hearing everything in this link, from various people way before it was published.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-560616/Soccer-star-gangsters-Steven-Gerrard-murky-depths-Liverpools-underworld.html

• Upvote 1