Marcus Rashford

Mame Biram Diouf

An exciting prospect with fine balance and a powerful shot, the teenager made impressive progress during the 2013/2014 season.

A shock inclusion as a lone striker in the FA Youth Cup tie at Leicester City saw him perform on the big stage and he did not let anybody down in an unfamiliar position. Perhaps more comfortable operating in the hole between midfield and attack, the Manchester-born starlet managed to hold down a pretty regular place towards the end of the campaign.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txR_Hi14Nr8

• 1 year later...

If the senior players step up ie: Cantona there's no reason you can't be successful with youth.

Youth will get the energy from the elders.

Van Gaal >>>>

Senile Fergie woulda had Mata playing upfront lol.

Need to give him another year.

I still don't trust LVG.

It shouldn't have taken an injury crisis for some of these kids to get a chance to play.

Rashford and our other strikers wasn't even getting brought on for the last 10/20 mins during 3HUNNA's drought when he struggled to get a shot on target.

And Varela should have been rotating with Rafael years ago instead of seeing guys like Valencia and Young being played out of position ahead of him.

I guess its just a very big coincidence given Louis' history with bringing through youngers (Ajax Barca Bayern), he winds up playing all these kids right? only via injury? right.

Everyone was up in arms when he released a BAG of players  that you would think they were WC the way people cry over them now they've left 

Truth is 

Releasing all these players and SPECIFICALLY @ numerous points saying: 

Ángel Di María is no longer part of the future at Manchester United, last season’s £60m acquisition is firmly in the club’s past, and for Van Gaal that represents another reason for seeking to promote youth. “Ideally you want to bring up a player within the traditions of the club, and invest the time needed in his development,” he said. “There is a certain amount of risk in that, and of course it is easier to buy big, established stars, but as we saw last season big stars can also fail. That is why I always think it is better to invest in young players, even if they end up being more for the benefit of the next manager rather than yourself.”

Seems like a chance for a youth to me.

I never said the players he brought through at Ajax, Barca and Bayer only came through because of injury.

I'm talking about what's going at United in 15/16.

It's all good bringing up quotes but actions speak louder than words.

Even with what he did in the past LVG showed too much faith in an average player like Valencia for example when someone like Varela was ready to play.

When we was going weeks without winning games and some senior players were underperforming he stuck with them.

I still don't trust LVG.

It shouldn't have taken an injury crisis for some of these kids to get a chance to play.

Rashford and our other strikers wasn't even getting brought on for the last 10/20 mins during 3HUNNA's drought when he struggled to get a shot on target.

And Varela should have been rotating with Rafael years ago instead of seeing guys like Valencia and Young being played out of position ahead of him.

Sums up my thoughts.

LVG is still a shithouse, he was pushed into the position we were in last night.

Then again I don't want someone like Jose coming along and we never see Rashford touch a blade of grass again.

Too many fans are screaming for Mourinho to take over for my liking. Every time I see any Polls done everyone wants Mourinho in the job. I hate losing but I'd rather watch local guys all day coming through the ranks than watch millions and millions being wasted of d*ckheads like Di Maria.

I feel lvgs hands are tied by the length and size of certain mans contracts also the fact woodward is some wannabe perez

I still don't trust LVG.

McNair wouldn't be seeing any game time if I was in Van Gaal's seat and Blackett got a good run, most would say prematurely, so he was giving ops tbf, obviously he has to try to use the remaining experienced guy's 1st, they deserve a chance before the youth plus it's a difficult thing to manage, the morale of a team, use too many youth at once and it looks disrespectful.

Told you man already, Rooney got that contract clause, has to finish 90% of games, bait.