Meanwhile... In Nigeria Over 2000 Innocent People are Slaughtered by Boko Haram

Mame Biram Diouf

Tbh yuri. I don't remember you posting such stuff. But i remember you saying you was looking to go out there sometime. But hey fair play.

I did. I just found one of the topics. In the same thread timebomb says "what a bunch of Nigerians do in their country has nothing to do with me", which is strange because in this topic he complains that "white people" don't care what happens in Nigeria
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

its interesting how you labelled one group 'terrorists' and the other 'africans'

despite Boko Haram being labelled a terrorist organization by the west

There's nothing interesting about it at all. You're jus trying to catch me in my words to make me look like a "white guy"

Nope. He's not trying to catch you in anything. He's quite right in picking up on what you said and laying it out for what it is.

It is interesting though, I'm not trying to catch you out and shame you. I'm sure its similar to how it would run through other minds, I assumed you were phrasing it in an intended manner to explain the mental reasoning as to why the media coverage is the way it is.

But would you be able to rephrase it in a way that you wouldn't be able to be caught in your words, how would you?

That is what I was doing, your response made me think you didn't get that

Why is the media coverage like this? You know why, same reason that when 75 people are killed in a suicide attack in Baghdad or some Pakistani border town it doesn't make the news - it's no longer an event. You can't print the same story every day. this also isn't a white people don't care v black people do thing. I was in Nigeria and posted on here about how the girls that had been kidnapped by Boko Haram has been forced to become suicide bombers and another time about how they had kidnapped girls from another village and it got almost no response..nobody cared, even among the "Africans" on vip2.

Of course I could phrase it differently. I have a fairly solid understanding of the political situation in Nigeria, especially re: Boko haram, or al-Shabbab / al Qaida in Kenya

Whether consciously or unconsciously end of the day you still phased it the way you phased it, just take the L.

guess the norway attacks were just another euro mass murder

its interesting how you labelled one group 'terrorists' and the other 'africans'

Also a terrorist group according to nigeria

It is interesting though, I'm not trying to catch you out and shame you. I'm sure its similar to how it would run through other minds, I assumed you were phrasing it in an intended manner to explain the mental reasoning as to why the media coverage is the way it is.

But would you be able to rephrase it in a way that you wouldn't be able to be caught in your words, how would you?

That is what I was doing, your response made me think you didn't get that

Why is the media coverage like this? You know why, same reason that when 75 people are killed in a suicide attack in Baghdad or some Pakistani border town it doesn't make the news - it's no longer an event. You can't print the same story every day. this also isn't a white people don't care v black people do thing. I was in Nigeria and posted on here about how the girls that had been kidnapped by Boko Haram has been forced to become suicide bombers and another time about how they had kidnapped girls from another village and it got almost no response..nobody cared, even among the "Africans" on vip2.

Of course I could phrase it differently. I have a fairly solid understanding of the political situation in Nigeria, especially re: Boko haram, or al-Shabbab / al Qaida in Kenya

Whether consciously or unconsciously end of the day you still phased it the way you phased it, just take the L.

guess the norway attacks were just another euro mass murder

Also a terrorist group according to nigeria

There's no L to take mate just because you apparently missed my point

boko-2.si.jpg

No oil, no ‘protection’? Boko Haram massacre in Nigeria sees little reaction from US

Boko Haram has massacred thousands of civilians in Nigeria, but US officials' response towards the horrific crimes have been strangely muted. RT’s Manila Chan explores a potential link to oil, which the US no longer receives from Nigeria.

To many, the lack of Washington's strive to aid the people of Nigeria – the biggest African economy – seems to follow simple geostrategic logic: no oil, no security support. While diverting funds to fight the Islamic State in Iraq, the US seems unwilling to address Boko Haram insurgents in Nigeria.

As US is trying to master shale gas exploitation; it has moved away from some of its traditional trade partners, with Nigeria – an OPEC-member state – becoming the first country to stop selling oil to the US, statistics from the US Department of Energy reveal. Nigeria was one of the top five suppliers to the US at the height of trade, less than a decade ago supplying it with 1.3 million barrels of oil every day.

Yet despite Boko Haram’s territorial gains and promising outlook for jihadi domination of the whole region, the US – and the world – focuses on terror attacks in Europe and IS advances, completely neglecting the imminent threat stemming from the Nigerian terrorist network.

Some in Washington are already calling for strategy change.

"If we don't stop it in its tracks, we are destined for this horrible group to not step back but to continue to be in power," said Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee, D-Texas.

“It is clear that the United States needs a comprehensive strategy to address Boko Haram’s growing lethality,” Reps. Patrick Meehan, R-Pa., and Peter King, R-N.Y., wrote in a letter to Secretary of State John Kerry.
While the US spends an average of $8.2 million daily to battle the Islamic State in Iraq in Syria, it is spending almost zero to fight extremism in Nigeria.

Last year, Washington offered surveillance drones and 30 intelligence experts to help the Nigerian military rescue nearly 300 kidnapped schoolgirls. But in December, the Nigerian government stopped Washington's minimal strive to train its troops to fight Boko Haram.

"We regret premature termination of this training, as it was to be the first in a larger planned project that would have trained additional units with the goal of helping the Nigerian Army build capacity to counter Boko Haram," State Department spokesman Rodney Ford said in an email to the Military Times in December.

"The US government will continue other aspects of the extensive bilateral security relationship, as well as all other assistance programs, with Nigeria," he said. "The US government is committed to the long tradition of partnership with Nigeria and will continue to engage future requests for cooperation and training."

• Downvote 1

To be honest. It's not just Africa. It's anywhere there is no economic interest in ensuring a stable dollar/supply chain.

No non Sri Lankans knew about what was going on there or more likely cared about what was going on there until killing fields came out. That's was because it was an empowered UN member government doing that shit.

People don't care about what doesn't effect them. It's sad but true.

To be honest. It's not just Africa. It's anywhere there is no economic interest in ensuring a stable dollar/supply chain.

No non Sri Lankans knew about what was going on there or more likely cared about what was going on there until killing fields came out. That's was because it was an empowered UN member government doing that sh*t.

Your sane point will have no sway on the amateur socio-historians of VIP2.

They're convinced it's just Africa, and they have no jobs.

Go figure.

• Downvote 3

No non Sri Lankans knew about what was going on there or more likely cared about what was going on there until killing fields came out. That's was because it was an empowered UN member government doing that sh*t.

tru tru

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Boko Haram: Nigerian army 'frees another 234 women and children'

Another 234 women and children have been rescued from Boko Haram militants in Nigeria, the military has announced.
It said the operation took place on Thursday in the vast Sambisa forest - a militant hideout - in the north-east of the country.

It was not immediately clear if any of more than 200 girls abducted from a school in Chibok in April 2014 were among those freed.
Nearly 300 women and children were freed by the army earlier this week.

While the army says they had been captured by Boko Haram, a local senator says the women and children previously released may have been residents of the area.

Gotta post good news sometimes even if no ones shouting about it
  • Upvote 4

• 6 months later...
At least 15 people have been killed after two female suicide bombers, one said to be aged as young as 11, blew themselves up at a busy mobile phone market in north-east Nigeria, a day after more than 30 were killed in a bomb blast.

Two explosions ripped through the Farm Centre market in northern Nigeria’s biggest city, Kano, shortly after 4pm on Wednesday. One of the bombers was said to be aged just 11 and the other 18.

The Islamist terror group Boko Haram has previously used young girls as human bombs in its six-year insurgency in north-east Nigeria, which has left at least 17,000 dead and made more than 2.6 million homeless.

Nigeria's President Muhammadu Buhari has ordered the arrest of his predecessor's security adviser, for allegedly stealing some $2bn (£1.3bn).

Sambo Dasuki is accused of awarding phantom contracts to buy 12 helicopters, four fighter jets and ammunition. He denies the allegations.

The equipment was meant for the fight against Boko Haram Islamist militants.

Soldiers have complained that despite the military's huge budget, they were ill-equipped to fight

Daems gone daem

Some good contribution to this topic by those criticising the Paris coverage.

Nigeria's President Muhammadu Buhari has ordered the arrest of his predecessor's security adviser, for allegedly stealing some $2bn (£1.3bn).

Sambo Dasuki is accused of awarding phantom contracts to buy 12 helicopters, four fighter jets and ammunition. He denies the allegations.

The equipment was meant for the fight against Boko Haram Islamist militants.

Soldiers have complained that despite the military's huge budget, they were ill-equipped to fight

Daems gone daem

Thats so fuckry

An i dnt agree with afros comment

It's not the reason and its not a valid reason to not care

We've established why in the other topic