General Election 2015 (Discussion Thread)

Hipster

General Election 2015  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Which Party are you going to vote for?

• Conservatives
    • Labour
    • Lib Dems
    • UKIP
    • Green Party
    • f*ck Politics

4-main-party-leaders.jpg

Just under five months time is when we will have the choice to vote on what government runs our country.  

What options do you take into consideration when you think about voting? 

• Economy (i.e Income Tax, unemployment)
  • Welfare   (State pension, Housing, Benefits, min wage)
  • NHS   
  • Immigration
  • EU
  • Education

What party are you looking to vote for? 

Discuss 

Presume I don't know about politics but I want to vote this year.

Where's the best place to understand it?

I was the same two years ago i went on this. 

http://idontgetpolitics.co.uk

look at this also

http://www.historylearningsite.co.uk/labour_party_national_health_service.htm

http://voteforpolicies.org.uk

I tend to watch question time 

• Upvote 2

Anybody have an opinion on Cameron refusing to participate in the TV debates unless the Green Party are allowed to take part?

His excuse is that it's not fair to have UKIP and not the Green Party and unless the Green Party are allowed to take part he will give an empty chair for the Tories

But all the other parties are saying it's just an excuse because he is scared the debates will give UKIP and the other parties too much of a chance at gaining headline support

Presume I don't know about politics but I want to vote this year.

Where's the best place to understand it?

I was the same two years ago i went on this. 

http://idontgetpolitics.co.uk

look at this also

http://www.historylearningsite.co.uk/labour_party_national_health_service.htm

http://voteforpolicies.org.uk

I tend to watch question time 

Nice one :Y:

Anybody have an opinion on Cameron refusing to participate in the TV debates unless the Green Party are allowed to take part?

His excuse is that it's not fair to have UKIP and not the Green Party and unless the Green Party are allowed to take part he will give an empty chair for the Tories

But all the other parties are saying it's just an excuse because he is scared the debates will give UKIP and the other parties too much of a chance at gaining headline support

David Cameron is trying to undermine the debate by having minor parties involved.

He is worried that Labour and UKIP will come with all guns blazing against him.  

Green Party will be able to deflect the attention away from him and actually use this as an opportunity for themselves to increase their popularity.

David Cameron is worried especially after the recent polls that show that Labour are leading.

So if UKIP are involved with the top-3 it gives them credibility as a major party - people will be more inclined to vote for UKIP (instead of Conservatives) if they think the vote might actually go somewhere. By including Green party, it will seem more like its involving minor parties. Green are also an alternative for typically Labour voters, so you'd want them to be there to take away from them.

Also David Cameron knows that Miliband will be seen in a better light in a TV debate, because really he does actually know his shit, and up to now he's been seen pretty weak. So really Cameron would want to avoid the debates altogether. Also consider that Conservatives are investing 3 times as much money as Labour in their campaign so having a TV debate (which is usually the height of promotion for candidates) would even the scales a bit.

So if the broadcasters cave, or if they don't and he's given an excuse not to get involved, he's put himself in a better position either way.

Personally I'd like to see Green involved, or UKIP not involved. I don't really like how UKIP have made popular politics in to a big debate about immigration.

The debates will be pretty worthless without the Tories though really. And they're not exactly pushing a new platform that they need exposure for, its just more of the same shit, all they'll be saying is "Labour want to do this, if you let Labour do this the country will go to crap", same with UKIP I'm pretty sure we've heard the extent of what they have to say. Really I think its Labour, Lib Dem, and Green (if involved) who can benefit most from it.

I will be voting labour, and sadly the decision is not based upon policies but cos theyre fractionally less cunts than tories and cos i dont want ukip to win. If it wasnt for that i probably wouldnt even bother voting at all, nothing changes.

Basically

I Swear Labour would walk this election if Millhouse wasn't leading them

• Upvote 1

I will be voting labour, and sadly the decision is not based upon policies but cos theyre fractionally less cunts than tories and cos i dont want ukip to win. If it wasnt for that i probably wouldnt even bother voting at all, nothing changes.

Basically

Basically

Would have gone clear if David had been the Labour leader over Ed

Do people really think Farage wants to stop all immigration or do people just hate the fact he says what most English people feel today regarding decreasing standards of living due to the country not being able to cope with the influx

I have tried to look up the racist things Farahe has said but can't find anything, seems it's media brainwash

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Do people really think Farage wants to stop all immigration or do people just hate the fact he says what most English people feel today regarding decreasing standards of living due to the country not being able to cope with the influx

I have tried to look up the racist things Farahe has said but can't find anything, seems it's media brainwash

Is there an actual correlation between standards of living and immigration, i mean a real tangible link with proof and facts tho? And if there is, post the link as i'm interested in the matter.

Is there an actual correlation between standards of living and immigration, i mean a real tangible link with proof and facts tho? And if there is, post the link as i'm interested in the matter.

A link to facts is not necessary when we are all experiencing this in our daily life

If you can't see it or experience it then maybe were you live it's all rosy and nice which could be the case as most of England is feeing the strain but not all yet

• Downvote 1

I am not knocking farage. I get the appeal. With the dead wood out there. I can't really speak for anyone who the best option is.

Just find it comical those who think their life problems evolve around immigration and think farage as a clear cut solution with dealing with immigration.

But hey time will tell.