General Election 2015 (Discussion Thread)

Hipster

General Election 2015  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Which Party are you going to vote for?

• Conservatives
    • Labour
    • Lib Dems
    • UKIP
    • Green Party
    • f*ck Politics

I am not knocking farage. I get the appeal. With the dead wood out there. I can't really speak for anyone who the best option is.

Just find it comical those who think their life problems evolve around immigration and think farage as a clear cut solution with dealing with immigration.

But hey time will tell.

People just want a system in place now to limit immigration as years from now it could be much worse and this is the concern of people here, do something now before it's too late

Most don't blame all there problems on immigration but it goes right to the heart of what most people value and if living standards keep getting downgraded then only right they speak out

I am not knocking farage. I get the appeal. With the dead wood out there. I can't really speak for anyone who the best option is.

Just find it comical those who think their life problems evolve around immigration and think farage as a clear cut solution with dealing with immigration.

But hey time will tell.

People just want a system in place now to limit immigration as years from now it could be much worse and this is the concern of people here, do something now before it's too late

Most don't blame all there problems on immigration but it goes right to the heart of what most people value and if living standards keep getting downgraded then only right they speak out

fair play.

But we will see what measures they bring in If they come in to power.

Don't think the average joe knows the current immigration restriction that's currently present.

Speak to a recent non eu migrant from the last decade to tell you how difficult it was to be granted a stay.

The exiting Eu debate/ restrictions as not been thought through either.

Good luck to UKIP. But if they do come into power it will a good 20 years for us the see a significant effect. Based on what farage claims he will do . Which I honestly think he can't do al he claims

• Downvote 1

I will be voting labour, and sadly the decision is not based upon policies but cos theyre fractionally less cunts than tories and cos i dont want ukip to win. If it wasnt for that i probably wouldnt even bother voting at all, nothing changes.

Basically

I Swear Labour would walk this election if Millhouse wasn't leading them

Would have gone clear if David had been the Labour leader over Ed

The way Donny snaked his own bro and got all the trade unionists to back him last minute was a masterstroke on his part

Red Ed

@Thun what do you think about Green party

They have some very good policies too imo

What do you think about this one?

– Subject to academic performance Green Party will remove tuition fees for students taking approved degrees in science, medicine, technology, engineering, maths on the condition that they live, work and pay tax in the UK for five years after the completion of their degrees.

It sounds like a huge investment. I like it but it'd be interesting to see where the money would come from.

See me yeah, I'm pro left because of the idea of increasing profit by investing rather than cutting expenditure.

Thing is with a lot of these cuts is they're cutting out services instead of promoting efficiency in them. I won't pretend Labour are better than Tories at efficiency (or worse) though.

– Subject to academic performance Green Party will remove tuition fees for students taking approved degrees in science, medicine, technology, engineering, maths on the condition that they live, work and pay tax in the UK for five years after the completion of their degrees.

I would vote Green over Cons or Labour any day

Not sure about that policy

Does not seem very fair they having to stay for 5 years and many ifs and buts like what if you cant find work and other life circumstances

I have tried to look up the racist things Farahe has said but can't find anything, seems it's media brainwash

It's the sort of people his message seems to attract. Whole manifesto comes like a list of 20 things that annoy the average Britain.

chap1.PNG

583067446.jpg?1337503284&Expires=1421267

And you know he knows who he's pandering to. 

But this

• Prioritise social housing for people whose parents and grandparents were born locally.

:lmao: we all know what he's doing here

Think if one party was to say they would legalize cannabis how many votes would they

get on just that policy alone 

there should be a referendum on that, but its not really a big enough issue for these politicians to want to risk

Does not seem very fair they having to stay for 5 years and many ifs and buts like what if you cant find work and other life circumstances

Its actually a UKIP policy

Was just wondering if its only immigration policies you read

Guess that answers that question

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

As if I agree with all there policies, trying to play childish games, dont quite work when you apply common sense 

Do you agree with every single Green policy and do you know every single policy?

Thought not, trying to act like we all know every single policy of a particular party

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Think if one party was to say they would legalize cannabis how many votes would they

there should be a referendum on that, but its not really a big enough issue for these politicians to want to risk

On the Contrary tbh, drug reform is a huge issue, which is why nobody wants to touch it

On the Contrary tbh, drug reform is a huge issue, which is why nobody wants to touch it

Definitely. 

The irrationality of middle England over drug legality would destroy any party trying to reform the laws as part of their election manifesto.  

UKIP for me for various reasons. 100% want out of the EU. Farage also comes across as the only man of conviction in the game because he wants to change things. 1000% don't want Labour back in but I have no doubt they will be. Milliband is an embarassment. 

• Downvote 2

As if I agree with all there policies, trying to play childish games, dont quite work when you apply common sense

Do you agree with every single Green policy and do you know every single policy?

Thought not, trying to act like we all know every single policy of a particular party

I understand if your unable to answer the questions and dont want to post in this topic as you did not get any lols, that's cool bud

UKIP for me for various reasons. 100% want out of the EU. Farage also comes across as the only man of conviction in the game because he wants to change things. 1000% don't want Labour back in but I have no doubt they will be. Milliband is an embarassment.

lol Britain needs the EU

Elaborate. But I'll have to warn you before you do that I'm gonna find it epicly hard to take your argument over 4 out of 5 or so independent studies that found Britain was better off out of it.

The books are not balanced, we buy far more from the EU than they do from us. I think our trade with them is only 30 odd percent now. Norway do pretty damn fine without being part of the EU.

yea cos norway has lots of oil and only a few million people. every norwegian has a pension of about £100k, extensive oil reserves and only 5 million people. how can you even start to compare the uk to them?

not that i even care about voting cos its just a psych op to make one feel empowered. but i still find it silly when pple make tit bit points about why they will vote comparing apples and oranges. 

Still you are going to have to explain why you think the UK cannot cope without being governed by the EU...... The studies have been done by the people who know their business and 90% say we are better off out of it. So what in your opinion makes you believe the UK Cannot exist out of the EU. For starters we did a pretty damn fine job before we were part of it, but I'll grant you the sentence times have changed.

Europe is not going to stop their trade agreement if we decide to leave. European companies need our custom, they don't play ball with us we don't have to play ball with them simple as. And if we left we're free to go ahead and create our own deals with other places like the commonwealth for starters.