if jehst was black people would say hes THE g.o.a.t lyricist frm the uk

ag.

sonically he just doesn't connect with the average music listener

yeah he can spit, yeah he got bars but like young bape said, man can't make songs

most ppl just dash him in the battle rap category

his beat selections have been suspect and they let him down, it's so monotonous

Jehst >>

This freestyle was a fucking madness back in the day. He is too fucking sick, odml93 you're 100% on point with the title. Man slept on Jehst.

"Post-modernist, pre-apocalypse/

living in this rotten metropolis/

Existing with broken homes, hearts and promises/

Park bench politics, soap box, soap-bar, smokers acknowledge this/"

3:23:

"I play the game like a snake charmer, I aim to train harder/

I eat heart, but stay marger"

"Fuck tryna call my bluff, you better act like Bruce Forsyth/

And Play Your Cards Right, use some foresight/

I'll be navigating chaos by torchlight/

Sitting up all night/

Racking my brains for sport, I START RACKING UP TRAINS OF THOUGHT/

With spray paints and inks...."

FUCK OFF

Jehst >>>>

Don't expect love from man on this forum - when this kinda UK hip-hop was bubbling these man were all RWD forum kiddies. Hence why people have mentioned Wretch, as if he was anything to do with the UK hip-hop scene at that time. He was grime and everyone knows that the sort of hip-hop that grime MCs were making at that time was DEAD.

These times I'm talking '05/'06 when people were dropping mixtapes and trying to show labels how 'diverse' they were as 'artists'. Meanwhile, Jehst, Klash & Terra Firma, Skinny, Task Force, MD7, Universal Soldiers, Rodney P, Roots Manuva, Braintax, Blak Twang and a whole heap of man were doing tours, had albums and tapes out and solid fanbases of PAYING WHITE KIDS.

http://youtu.be/3-Wxq5TtpgU?t=6m9s

Mike dissing Blak Twang for being a 'nerd'. That was the attitude of these kinda rappers. There was a big underground/backpack versus 'road' distinction. UK hip-hop gigs had skaters, writers, middle aged white guys, rudeboys and everything in between. There was an attitude from within UK hip-hop that possibly looked down on Grime for being too simple - Wiley's same word flow was a pisstake, let's face it :lol:

Only man to really bridge that street/backpack divide was Klash and maybe Skinny (but he was white and looks catted so people take him simple).

I would also argue that Universal Soldiers bridged it too. In fact, Ultra V from Unisols runs Dice Recordings and worked with Big Narstie, Skepta, Cell 22 and nuff Edmonton/Tottenham artists who came through Heat FM/Axe. But if you ask the average UK hip-hop head from them times if they know who Universal Soldiers were, you would prolly get air - same with Grime heads from them times.

Them man there are too real. Shout out to Ricochet and Ultra and f*ck Mike GLC with his selective memory. These man were the original road rappers for the millenium.

• Upvote 2

Don't expect love from man on this forum - when this kinda UK hip-hop was bubbling these man were all RWD forum kiddies. Hence why people have mentioned Wretch, as if he was anything to do with the UK hip-hop scene at that time. He was grime and everyone knows that the sort of hip-hop that grime MCs were making at that time was DEAD.

These times I'm talking '05/'06 when people were dropping mixtapes and trying to show labels how 'diverse' they were as 'artists'. Meanwhile, Jehst, Klash & Terra Firma, Skinny, Task Force, MD7, Universal Soldiers, Rodney P, Roots Manuva, Braintax, Blak Twang and a whole heap of man were doing tours, had albums and tapes out and solid fanbases of PAYING WHITE KIDS.

http://youtu.be/3-Wxq5TtpgU?t=6m9s

Mike dissing Blak Twang for being a 'nerd'. That was the attitude of these kinda rappers. There was a big underground/backpack versus 'road' distinction. UK hip-hop gigs had skaters, writers, middle aged white guys, rudeboys and everything in between. There was an attitude from within UK hip-hop that possibly looked down on Grime for being too simple - Wiley's same word flow was a pisstake, let's face it :lol:

Only man to really bridge that street/backpack divide was Klash and maybe Skinny (but he was white and looks catted so people take him simple).

I would also argue that Universal Soldiers bridged it too. In fact, Ultra V from Unisols runs Dice Recordings and worked with Big Narstie, Skepta, Cell 22 and nuff Edmonton/Tottenham artists who came through Heat FM/Axe. But if you ask the average UK hip-hop head from them times if they know who Universal Soldiers were, you would prolly get air - same with Grime heads from them times.

Them man there are too real. Shout out to Ricochet and Ultra and f*ck Mike GLC with his selective memory. These man were the original road rappers for the millenium.

Jehst >>

This freestyle was a f*cking madness back in the day. He is too f*cking sick, odml93 you're 100% on point with the title. Man slept on Jehst.

"Post-modernist, pre-apocalypse/

living in this rotten metropolis/

Existing with broken homes, hearts and promises/

Park bench politics, soap box, soap-bar, smokers acknowledge this/"

3:23:

"I play the game like a snake charmer, I aim to train harder/

I eat heart, but stay marger"

"f*ck tryna call my bluff, you better act like Bruce Forsyth/

And Play Your Cards Right, use some foresight/

I'll be navigating chaos by torchlight/

Sitting up all night/

Racking my brains for sport, I START RACKING UP TRAINS OF THOUGHT/

With spray paints and inks...."

f*ck OFF

Jehst >>>>

cthagod: bruh those bars did nothing for me.