How Black Middle-Class Kids Become Poor Adults

Don Crack

A 2014 study from the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, which looked at factors like parental income, education, and family structure, shows a similar pattern: Many black Americans not only fail to move up, but show an increased likelihood of backsliding. According to the study, “In recent decades, blacks have experienced substantially less upward intergenerational mobility and substantially more downward intergenerational mobility than whites.”

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/black-middle-class-kids-become-124000819.html

A 2014 study from the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, which looked at factors like parental income, education, and family structure, shows a similar pattern: Many black Americans not only fail to move up, but show an increased likelihood of backsliding. According to the study, “In recent decades, blacks have experienced substantially less upward intergenerational mobility and substantially more downward intergenerational mobility than whites.”

so this has nothing to do with us. kl.

black people are in so much denial. 

black people are in so much denial. 

Very true.

Not all black people, but young urban males, especially of West African and Jamaican descent.

It's sad.

That was some real talk.black people love to consume to preject a false self worth. 

thats why this forum has all these what are we wearing, what trainers we wearing, what d*ck scarf we wearing threads.

Nah its not that deep, looking at new high street trainers isn't projecting a false sense of worth..

why do white people not floss but black people feel the need to

thats one question

KINGS and QUEENS b.

White people floss, I live in Essex, so I know they certainly floss.

Yeah but more time they actually have solid careers, businesses and families.

Essex is a completely different demographic anyway

BUT and this is a big BUT

fundamentally, the problem of which we speak affects poor people of all colours...black people just do it bigger and boasier than everyone else, but also more able to be lampooned

That was some real talk.black people love to consume to preject a false self worth. 

thats why this forum has all these what are we wearing, what trainers we wearing, what d*ck scarf we wearing threads.

Nah its not that deep, looking at new high street trainers isn't projecting a false sense of worth..

but most do it for that reason why not flip it in an investment? thats why i see many indian and jewish guys ain't wearing shit but they got a shop, houses and other residue incomes.

whenever i walk round london black people always got on the best newest garms but when i go into a shop to get a drink am giving money to  rahj or jacob.

thats one question

KINGS and QUEENS b.

fundamentally, the problem of which we speak affects poor people of all colours...black people just do it bigger and boasier than everyone else, but also more able to be lampooned

But why do we talk like there isn't black people with solid careers, businesses and families.

thats one question

KINGS and QUEENS b.

But why do we talk like there isn't black people with solid careers, businesses and families.

because the majority dont 

thats one question

KINGS and QUEENS b.

Because what else would these people do if they couldn't harp on and moan about what black people are or aren't doing?

It's the quickest way to make themselves feel superior and to let those who feed into remain lower than they need to be.

• Downvote 1