Players with "Strong Numbers Game"

i5_PRODUCER

Explain this one to me please , There are 2 sides to making this comment. 

1. a Players POOR performance is being masked by his Goals/Assists/Clean Sheets whatever 

2. a Player is POORLY  judged because they are doing what they are supposed to do? ie Create/Score etc

If numbers game is "strong" then imo the last thing you can call a player is sh*t. 

Cesc is the biggest benefactor of this.

/

If the player goes missing in a lot of games and adds nothing to the team(it's like playing with ten men)

If he scores or assists his poor performance gets forgotten by the media,pundits and your average football fans this what you call having a strong numbers game.

As for Depay

I am just giving a warning so Man Utd fans are not shocked when they have another inept winger on their books.

Goals and assists making up for overall poor performance, could be workrate, game intelligence/tactical awareness, technique etc etc

The best example of someone like this is a pure poacher - the numbers will always be on their side, but they tend to be incredibly limited in their all round game

Lets say someone like prime Darren Bent

Numbers game strong, ability game lacking

Players like this generally become an obvious hindrance in big games where things are tighter tactically and there are less chances to score, when this happens the other side(s) of their game become more important

Our Cesc >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Playing a massive role in winning us the league.

/

Also that's pie about going missing what about players who don't score or assist and then still go missing what does that make them?

Exactly

I don't know of any footballer like that plying their trade at a top club

I would be disgusted

However

I don't think of football too much on a player by player basis

It's all about the elements that compliment each-other tactically

Energetic athletic players who provide a goalscoring threat aka Depay can be devastating if used in the right system, no one player (unless we are talking about someone who is highly adept at each area of their game/ good at everything like Costa) is immune to being poorly used in the wrong system

Someone like Depay would actually be devastating for Liverpool. Certainly the pool of last year anyway

Styles make fights

Costa is good@everything?

He's a good all round player, yes, he's one of the only strikers in the world who has the ability to do the job of two strikers simultaneously

Running in behind

Good hold up play (always manages to draw fouls on the edge of the box to relieve pressure)

Unreal workrate

Good dribbler

Two feet

There is nothing that he is the best at (for example his tekkers & creativity are lacking), but he can do a bit of everything well enough

He's a good all round player, yes, he's one of the only strikers in the world who has the ability to do the job of two strikers simultaneously

Running in behind

Good hold up play (always manages to draw fouls on the edge of the box to relieve pressure)

Unreal workrate

Good dribbler

Two feet

There is nothing that he is the best at (for example his tekkers & creativity are lacking), but he can do a bit of everything well enough

I agree he is a CF(complete Forward)

/

Costa has come a long way

Very long way

Liverpool £20M bid

Being asked if he is really worth £20M

Is he better than Falcao

Its Wednesday no need for Throwback Thursday

Full circle achieved

Goals and assists win games though, games can be tight 1-0 is all it takes to win a game

Sometimes doing it when it counts matters far more

So does everything else that happens, interceptions, positioning, passes....goals don't develop in a vaccum

This issue reminds me of a similar one in boxing...about guys who have KO power, but are lacking in fundamentals in one way or another. 

Don't get me wrong goals are important I wouldn't deny that, but they can often obscure other elements tactically

Running in behind

Unreal workrate

Good dribbler

Two feet

There is nothing that he is the best at (for example his tekkers & creativity are lacking), but he can do a bit of everything well enough

I agree he is a CF(complete Forward)

/

Costa has come a long way

Very long way

Liverpool £20M bid

Being asked if he is really worth £20M

Is he better than Falcao

Its Wednesday no need for Throwback Thursday

Full circle achieved

:Y:

I want an example of a player who is having the time of his life creating/scoring but the team is " Suffering"

dont say Rooney cause we are top 4 , Last season was the real Suffering

Menez

Dybala

Berahino

Beauvue

Meier

Austin

imo the teams are luckly to even have them in their ranks. Take them out and lets see what the teams numbers are saying then.

I want an example of a player who is having the time of his life creating/scoring but the team is " Suffering"

dont say Rooney cause we are top 4 , Last season was the real Suffering

Menez

Dybala

Berahino

Beauvue

Meier

Austin

imo the teams are luckly to even have them in their ranks. Take them out and lets see what the teams numbers are saying then.

I read your question wrong

You meant teams suffering not teams struggling

As for players doing well(numbers wise) but their teams are suffering

Cesc

Rooney

James Rodriguez

Cavani

Vidal

Llorente

Yaya Toure(club and country)