No more bank transfers to Somalia

Kuffir

tumblr_njeumbG8GE1qauwyko1_1280.jpg

tumblr_njeumbG8GE1qauwyko2_1280.jpg

tumblr_njeumbG8GE1qauwyko3_540.jpg

tumblr_njeumbG8GE1qauwyko4_1280.jpg

tumblr_njeumbG8GE1qauwyko5_1280.jpg

In light of banks refusing to send money transfers to Somalia for fear of it funding terrorist groups, I started the hashtags ‪#‎IFundFoodNotTerror‬ and ‪#‎Somalis4Remittances‬ on twitter. Support if you are an ally. If you are Somali, chime in! Somalis have been sending money back home for the last 20+ years. The money goes back into the local economy and is a major source of income for many Somalis. It pays for everything from food to school fees to medicine. Every single Somali family sends money back home. If Somalis living abroad can no longer send money to their families it will have DEVASTATING consequences. It is condemning so many innocent people to starvation. I now no longer have a way to send money back to my own family. My brother and sister and father are not terrorists. Neither are the millions of Somalis who rely on money transfers to survive. This isn’t about terrorism. It’s about Islamophobia, anti blackness, U.S. hegemony/imperialism, and capitalism. We refuse to allow this to happen to our families. Somalia deserves to continue to develop. Let’s make some noise about this!

this is fucked up like upsetting fucked up

fingers crossed im gullible

my mum sends money regularly to my nan(only one still there i believe)

50/60 quid can feed someone at home for a month

to actually stop that would be some evil shit. condemning people to starvation

the US are the worst thing to happen to humanity

bruv

thought i was immune/desensitized to this injustice shit

but this shit is wrong on so many different levels

my mum sends money regularly to my nan(only one still there i believe)

50/60 quid can feed someone at home for a month

to actually stop that would be some evil sh*t. condemning people to starvation

the US are the worst thing to happen to humanity

bruv

thought i was immune/desensitized to this injustice sh*t

but this sh*t is wrong on so many different levels

I was just reading about this. Didn't understand what it was about, apparently Barclays wanted to do the same. Sounds like Somalia needs to get an official banking system back up and running.

In light of banks refusing to send money transfers to Somalia for fear of it funding terrorist groups, I started the hashtags ‪#‎IFundFoodNotTerror‬ and ‪#‎Somalis4Remittances‬ on twitter. Support if you are an ally. If you are Somali, chime in! Somalis have been sending money back home for the last 20+ years. The money goes back into the local economy and is a major source of income for many Somalis. It pays for everything from food to school fees to medicine. Every single Somali family sends money back home. If Somalis living abroad can no longer send money to their families it will have DEVASTATING consequences. It is condemning so many innocent people to starvation. I now no longer have a way to send money back to my own family. My brother and sister and father are not terrorists. Neither are the millions of Somalis who rely on money transfers to survive. This isn’t about terrorism. It’s about Islamophobia, anti blackness, U.S. hegemony/imperialism, and capitalism. We refuse to allow this to happen to our families. Somalia deserves to continue to develop. Let’s make some noise about this!

this is f*cked up like upsetting f*cked up

fingers crossed im gullible

i take everything i read online with a pinch of salt

A bank which handles money transfers between US-based Somalis and their families in east Africa is to close its service over concerns the funds are being channelled to militants.

Merchants Bank of California handles up to 80% of such transfers from the US, worth about $200m annually.

But it says it will no longer be able to continue due to new money-laundering regulations.

water off ducks back with these warriors :Y:

No, I don't think it's as simple as that.

dont getme wrong,im not trying to trivialise a serious situation...this is clearly a cowardly sanction to destabalise and demoralise the country

somalia is a country the c.i.a and m.i.6 have been trying to control for decades but the beauty ofthe people is they never will...they are fighters and still hold to this day their traditions and beliefs this is just a p*ssy attempt to break them...it never worked before it wont work now...somali mentality wont allow it..that region is very powerful with links and alegiences to the north with saudia arabia and to the east with egypt..both countries which are western controlled..somalia never

they hold more power than any shitty monetary sanction and the deamons know this...this is why i bluntly said they are warriors..because clearly decades of history has proven this..they will never sell out

sorry bout long post

also being a costal country with most of their country un boarded makes them ideologically a independent state with stronginfluence if the border the coastline albeit a coastline state is open to attack...VIVE LA sOMALIA

• Upvote 1