Your Vocabulary

Mame Biram Diouf

How would you rate it out of 10?

Are you able to define most of the words you use to a good enough standard for somebody to understand the meaning of the word or do you just throw bigger words in that you know a partial meaning of and just know what context to use it in

Starting reading books again and listening to good interviews and I am having to stop every few minutes to look up a word, my vocab has stalled hard over the last few years, been taking steps to correct it since the start of the year.

Solid 7

lol at some people saying anything above 9

only way that's possible is if you can read a book like Ulysses unassisted, then I guess you could hold that accolade lol 

ive read stuff more challenging and havent struggled... (with definitions at least lol)

/

imo it is really just a case of reading alot, and also reading from worthwhile sources

reminds me of the topic when Lens said his Grammar is 10/10

• Upvote 3

Solid 7

only way that's possible is if you can read a book like Ulysses unassisted, then I guess you could hold that accolade lol 

ive read stuff more challenging and havent struggled... (with definitions at least lol)

/

imo it is really just a case of reading alot, and also reading from worthwhile sources

Lad you aren't fooling no one.

Solid 7

/

More challenging than Ulysses yeah?  :lmao:

/

vocabulary is more than just defining a word, its also how you articulate the words you use in a sentence and also the execution of it

/

my execution is poor.  I am very good at articulating myself in written format because I can sit and think about it but lacking in general speech 

Solid 7

/

Lad you aren't fooling no one.

fooling anyone about what 

its a topic about vocabulary ffs

why would i, or anyone, lie about their fuckin vocabulary  :lmao:

• Upvote 1

Only because I interact with people who have a far superior vocabulary to my own, I'm going to give myself a 7. I could hardly keep up with the high society folks, but I use words like Remonstrate, Caveat, Hyperbole, Innocuous, Amalgamate and Deprecate fluidly without looking like a d*ckhead.

So yeah those 6 words are at the upper limit of my Vocab, I don't get more extreme then that