Sergio Busquets

Mame Biram Diouf

842482_heroa.jpg

Sergio Busquets believes his attributes make him a perfect fit for the Premier League - and admits he would like to sample life in England at some point in his career.

The Spain international is a key cog in the Barcelona midfield and is likely to start for Luis Enrique’s men in their Champions League clash against Manchester City at the Etihad Stadium on Tuesday.

The 26-year-old has won Europe’s elite club competition twice with Barca, in addition to four La Liga titles, but, while he insists he is happy at Camp Nou, he has refused to rule out the possibility of moving to England in the future.

He told The Guardian: "I admire the Premier League for the quality and style of football. Maybe after years playing the same style you tire of it, and football there is very different.

"Stadiums are full, pitches are good, the press is different, people are different, the football culture is different. Everyone talks highly of England and I’d like to experience it one day.

"You see more space, more opportunity to enjoy your football. It’s more physical, more intense, but I think I’d be comfortable. I can’t say I’ll definitely play there because things change and I’ve always said I want to stay here for many years, but I’d like the experience."

shutupandtakemymoneys.jpg