Switching at your boss

Brem

Have you ever done this. Whether it be a moment of meltdown or a fuck you up moment.

I did this the other day. I work in a professional services firm and I got screwed over where I was lied to to get me to accept a booking for a job. It was 20 times more work that what I was told would be my remit. Got stuck with it and told to carry on. Despite outlining I have no scope.

There's been a few emails between my self and a manager on the job who replaced the guy who screwed me over (left the company). He knows I'm not happy at situation but is the one who told me to crack on.

Anyway long story short, I send a couple of slightly sarcy emails. Nothing overtly rude or anything and he emails back saying he needs to talk about my attitude and professionalism. This is the moment when I have enough and tell him (paraphrasing):

"You don't need talk about my professionalism. In the end I am one of the few people in the department that delivers and delivers well. By now my reputation precedes me in this respect.

I'm not going to pretend I am happy and keep smiling when I am not. I am working till 4am every day on my existing booking and doing stuff on the side to try and make a headstart on this other thing. I have outlined that the time I have is not enough to get this done and I don't even Have a team.

How hard I am working is abuse. I collapsed at home through exhaustion and still came to work the next day.

I'm a human being not a machine. Actually I'm better than a machine given the 3 laptops that have died on me in the theast 3 year. "

you ever lost it with your bosses?

• Upvote 3

More time posting something like this on ViP suggests the OP is at the point where affirmation is required to mitigate any negative outcome from OP's actions.

I fully switched at my first boss after some outrageous things happenned in the workplace, left them suddenly and fucked them over completely as I had recently taken over a portfolio of clients from my then-sacked manager. Tried to then take them to employment tribunal and eventually dropped it after I started running out of money. Cut my losses and started again in my field of choice and things have been better. Still it was a very difficult time for me.

Advice: don't do it, keep your cool, read your contract, find your notice period and look for new work. Desensitisation and apathy towards work are vital to stay cool and professional.

• Upvote 1

Definitely done this. But this was a couple years ago at a small firm. My manager was some Asian dude who thought he was to big for his boots

Very rude guy,patronising and incredibly sarcastic. One time I can't remember what he said but I weren't in the mood for his bullshit. I retorted angrily and he backed down immediately. Every since that he started bredding me and being over friendly.

Bastard. When I left I didn't even hand no notice. Just didn't turn up and ignored his calls.

Luckily where I am now my bosses are calm and its very corporate so I doubt I would get away with it.

Plus being the only nigga in the village causes me to suppress any anger due to not wanting to be stereotyped as Mr angry black man.

• Downvote 2

I haven't switched, but I'm close to.

My boss/(old boss) is dropping the ball big time, don't see him for 3 days then he'll come over to my team of 2 with some wild requests.

TBH he is a yes man for the head of our department but he doesn't have any grip on what's going on.

Too many promises is going to break this company.

Have you ever done this. Whether it be a moment of meltdown or a f*ck you up moment.

I did this the other day. I work in a professional services firm and I got screwed over where I was lied to to get me to accept a booking for a job. It was 20 times more work that what I was told would be my remit. Got stuck with it and told to carry on. Despite outlining I have no scope.

There's been a few emails between my self and a manager on the job who replaced the guy who screwed me over (left the company). He knows I'm not happy at situation but is the one who told me to crack on.

Anyway long story short, I send a couple of slightly sarcy emails. Nothing overtly rude or anything and he emails back saying he needs to talk about my attitude and professionalism. This is the moment when I have enough and tell him (paraphrasing):

"You don't need talk about my professionalism. In the end I am one of the few people in the department that delivers and delivers well. By now my reputation precedes me in this respect.

I'm not going to pretend I am happy and keep smiling when I am not. I am working till 4am every day on my existing booking and doing stuff on the side to try and make a headstart on this other thing. I have outlined that the time I have is not enough to get this done and I don't even Have a team.

How hard I am working is abuse. I collapsed at home through exhaustion and still came to work the next day.

I'm a human being not a machine. Actually I'm better than a machine given the 3 laptops that have died on me in the theast 3 year. "

you ever lost it with your bosses?

FUCK ME BREM... THOSE ARE BARS!!!!!

Remember one hot summer during my last job where me and one guy where carrying about IT equipment while the boss was sipping ice tea in the office ,had the Tennis on tv. We were clearly in need of help 

I said to my co worker " nah nah this is a piss take ima go talk to him ".. Co worker knew it was about to get peak

Burst into the air conditioned office , stood under the AC for a hot sec, span around on my chair and was like " BRUV" with the straightest face ever. The Second i said that he puts down his Ice tea puts turns down his d*ckHEAD FM radio station and says " Do you guys need a hand ?"   Felt like smirking cause i didn't think this fat fuck was going to move but i held it down kept the angry face and was like " YES"

/

Long story short is if you let your boss know you got that evil side he will never try take the piss.

Of course in other cases this wont work and your p45 will beat you home.

• Upvote 4

Went head to head with an old boss.

My discontentment of work was building up for a while, but I was keeping it moving.

Two twos one day, something innocuous about me not wearing a tie escalated raaaaaaaapidly to me getting told to go home on a Gross Subordination charge.

We sorted shit out like "men" a couple weeks later (not talkin about fisticuffs), and those lines were never crossed again. Made me search doubly hard for the new job though, best thing he ever did for me.

Guest babatundestacks

punched mine and smashed the front door glass.

nearly went jail for it

it was some stupid shit as well.

boss used to sneeze and not cover his mouth.

not even a subtle one. my man always used to put some full force behind his sneezes and spray his germs everywhere

Only when I know I am definitely right, within the rules and planned for future steps ahead

Normally too calculated to spontaneously combust, but that's normally why I don't get fucked over because 1) I'm not a yes man who won't question things if I disagree with them and I am confident and educated enough to put back a very strong case if you are trying to fuck me over and 2) I'm not too irrational to let someone manipulate me into a dismissal worthy mood

In before the house boot licker nial

lol at losing it at work, didnt even read that tbh

straight turn up > do job > leave > switch off

aint got time for that

Nah it's never about being a yes man.

Not sure how what I said constitutes as being a yes man

There are ways to handle situations where you can avoid these kind of encounters whilst maintaining your professionalism

I will admit that the fuckry that is how hard I am having to work is making me very motivated to find another role.

Personally, it would give me great pleasure when I do leave to see that the rest of the morons can't handle what I do and everything falls to shit on the pprojects I work on.

You need the HDMS Vaccine I take every day at work.

Head Down. Mouth SHUT.

As hard a pill as it is to swallow, this is the optimal option IF you work for someone else. UNLESS, there is actually a wrong that has been committed, and the wrong is something that would hardly be contested by anyone else.

The optimal option in life is to work for yourself (of course).

Captain Planet's response to this was accurate.

Terrible email to send. You should have written it, edited it, slept on it, and never sent it.

You need the HDMS Vaccine I take every day at work.

Head Down. Mouth SHUT.

As hard a pill as it is to swallow, this is the optimal option IF you work for someone else. UNLESS, there is actually a wrong that has been committed, and the wrong is something that would hardly be contested by anyone else.

The optimal option in life is to work for yourself (of course).

:!: