Why do they force gays and lesbians on us so much in this country?

kerser

You don't have to be an ethnic to understand o Frodo

Black people where used and seen only as slaves they were brought to the White men by there own people and sold

I understand it lasted years but there where others slaves aswell they were the poor White slaves

Again when your people were liberated you still felt racism which you still feel surprises you today

The government and race attack you face behind your back etc list goes on

Gay people face the same stigma as you yet instead of cussing them down which u have been doing take time to understand there fight

Don't let the government fool you into thinking gay people have more support than blacks that's ridicuolus

In a workplace the amour of open homophobia I hear and not one bit of racism

My question was who would want to make black people look bad and why?

Porchy replied saying I needed to be black to understand.

You then said I don't know why = I don't understand

and then you agreed with porchy.

You see my confusion now?

smh

read what im saying please

and im backing his post cause some of the questions asked n comments on here (not just this thread) show the levels

stuff that black people know to be reality is treated with skepticism by white ppl like lol that doesnt rele happen

no fault of ur own obvs but it is what it is

Didn't see this post.

I definitely agree that there are media outlets that portray black people in a negative light. However I wouldn't go as far as to say the media as a whole have an agenda. The truth could be that as white person I'm not in tune with the nuances that are picked up by black people or it could be oversensitivity on some black people's part, or somewhere in between.

So, some questions might seem naïve to you, but I personally don't like to assume what someone means e.g Bane and have a clear understanding of someone's opinion.

I simply asked a question, why do I need to be ethnic to do that?

To answer your question about how a white teacher would know about black history. He would know through studying, the same method a black teacher would use.

How they relate would still be different. The black teacher would no doubt have tinges of that abhorrent supremacy lacing areas of everyday life. Depending on the white teacher's position in life, he will no doubt be be benefitting from the 'privilege'.

How they choose to focus, undersrand and apply their knowledge can ease the burden placed on both and bring them near to the same level but the white man will never understand it from the perspective of the black man (barring any uncle Ruckus' out there).

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

To answer your question about how a white teacher would know about black history. He would know through studying, the same method a black teacher would use.

How they relate would still be different. The black teacher would no doubt have tinges of that abhorrent supremacy lacing areas of everyday life. Depending on the white teacher's position in life, he will no doubt be be benefitting from the 'privilege'.

How they choose to focus, undersrand and apply their knowledge can ease the burden placed on both and bring them near to the same level but the white man will never understand it from the perspective of the black man (barring any uncle Ruckus' out there).

But how does that relate to me asking someone a question in this topic?

It's not even as deep as the replies above, I'm surprised none of them got the nail on the head.

The reason why a white teacher is not better placed to teach black history is because they only know what they know through study and (more likely) curriculum. The choice of study text and curriculum are most often subject to white bias as are the authors of both. There a discriminatory agendas from the past still filtering their way down through the system that a white person will live oblivious to through a matter of circumstances. 

Long for the forum afrocentrism, if you really want some sort of understanding to what's going on in the last page watch hidden colors or something.