Sign in to follow this  
Mame Biram Diouf

#BeingAfricanCaribbean

SBTV: Music via Google+1 day ago

We have teamed up with two blood cancer charities – the ACLT and Anthony Nolan – to help spread awareness of their campaign to get more African Caribbean people to sign up to the stem cell register and become a potential lifesaver.

If there is anyone out there who can tell stories through music, it's Rapman. He put together this track especially to help spread the word.

#BeingAfricanCaribbean means many things. A love of life, food and music and a rich, deep history. Unfortunately, it also means, if you have blood cancer, you might die waiting for a stem cell transplant.

Because there currently aren’t enough African Caribbean people on the Anthony Nolan stem cell register, if you’re African Caribbean and desperately need a transplant, you have less than a 20% chance of finding the best donor match.

That’s not right – and it’s in our blood to change it. So spread the word and sign up for the register today.

I have asked you numerous times what is your ethnicity yet you shy away from disclosing this info. Are you scared bro?

I don't think he's black as he regularly take a a viewpoint from a non white perspective.

At first I thought he might be carribean but I've never heard him mention anything carribean related

Either Asian or white.

perhaps afro-caribbean is what they mean?

seems a bit weird to be targeting only those with a caribbean background though, surely others from sub-saharan africa suffer from the same issues?

Caribbean=Slaves originally from Africa

No. Afro-Caribbean is.

There are chiney Indian white and plenty other descendants who are Caribbean