Adam Deacon

Restrictive

BAFTA AWARD-winning director Adam Deacon has been sectioned under the mental health act, a court heard today (March 21).

The troubled actor, best known for his role as Jay in Kidulthood and Channel 4's Babylon, was due to appear in court today after being charged with affray and possession of a long-bladed sword near his home in Hollybush Gardens, east London.

However, Deacon did not appear at Thames Magistrates’ Court this morning because he was too unwell after being sectioned under the Mental Health Act, the hearing was told.

The court clerk said: “This case was adjourned, I believe, on the 6th March and if you look at the charge sheet, the charges concern allegations from January 6 of affray and possession of an offensive weapon in a public place.

“On the last occasion the defendant wasn’t in court and an adjournment period was agreed because the defendant was in hospital for treatment for underlying mental health issues.”

Deacon was named a BAFTA Rising Star award in 2012 following the success of his directorial debut, Anuvahood.

The 31-year-old has been plagued with a number of allegations of late, most notably, he was accused by fellow actor Noel Clarke of harassment after sending a number of threatening messages to the fellow director.

When he appeared in court on January 16, he denied he had harassed the father-of-two. He is due to re-appear in court on May 11.

The hearing for his present case was adjourned to April 30.

http://www.voice-online.co.uk/article/kidulthood-star-adam-deacon-sectioned

Not surprised really

I remember my cousin(female) was with her friends in Central London must of been 2008 or 2009 I don't know

They must of been starstruck

Said hello to Deacon he aired them

They said hello to Snakeyman he said hello back took time to take a picture with them

Fast forward a few years later

One is in Hollywood the other is in Hospital

• Downvote 1

Maybe Karma

Can't be ignoring your fans(they were 12-13 year old girls)

This country is RIFE with stories right now I'd air that age group too fam.

This is broad daylight in the middle of Central London

All I am saying he didn't need to be arrogant should of been more humble like Snakeyman was

A quick hello doesn't cost a thing

Now see how things have turned out

Had a browse of his twitter before when he was sending for noel, seemed like he wasnt all there tbh

Maybe Karma

Can't be ignoring your fans(they were 12-13 year old girls)

This country is RIFE with stories right now I'd air that age group too fam.
This is broad daylight in the middle of Central London

All I am saying he didn't need to be arrogant should of been more humble like Snakeyman was

A quick hello doesn't cost a thing

Now see how things have turned out

Loooool. So what you're saying is a guy is suffering from a mental illness because he didn't say hello to a couple of little girls..lol.

Btw, it's 'have' not 'of'. So disgustingly cringe inducing.