Drug Dealers vs Fraudsters/Thieves

Mr. Martinez

The child is the parents

but its not the same fight is it?

so we've got 2 identical families, lets say, single parent: mother and child

family 1 becomes a victim of fraud, looses all their money - ends up either having to rely on friends and family or the state

family 2 becomes a victim of drug abuse, child grows up damaged because its mother was a drug addict

obviously there could be multiple ways both things play out, but in these particular outcomes I'd see that family 2 situation as a worse turnout - now just because mother in family 2 was willing to take those drugs, doesn't mean I should be less pissed at the drug dealer than the fraudster

yes -  this doesn't apply to the general sense of things, I'm just trying to establish the idea that it is not a simple, straight forward argument that you seem to be putting it down to

you're missing the point.. it boils down to responsibility .. the drug addict in family 2 has to take responsibility for his own actions, he is at fault, he put his family in that position.. the drug dealer didnt.. the demand for drugs is a lot higher than the supply hence why your average drug dealer has at least 10+ different punters.. if that drug dealer wasn't there he would of found another 1 and if there were no drug dealers he would of found a high from something else

no you're saying it boils down to responsibility, I'm saying you have to factor in fallout from the action

we've already agreed that a drug dealer is partially responsible yeah?

so being partially responsible for the death of a drug overdose is worse than being 100% responsible for someone losing some money

no doubt is it a rare occasion, but I'm putting it to an extreme because you're not accepting that its deeper than just "who was willing"

/ you lot do realise that most people who smoke crack and even people who take buj aren't zombies enni?

Plenty man who's colleagues think they're upstanding respectable members of society are finishing work and buying 4 of each

#LAW

:rofl:

i agree but it still boils down to consent..

consenting sex is just sex

non consenting sex is rape.

consent makes a big difference

therefore drug dealing = sex

fraud = rape

which is worse?

Aren’t most people looking at the worst case scenario when it comes to dealers and their customers.

Most people who use drugs are normal functioning members of society.

The image of the lobotomized walking dead users is pushed to the front to keep the consensus high of the negative effects of drugs

I mean, look at alcohol.. the vast majority of consumers aren’t alcoholics, lead normal lives etc. But you still can find broken homes, families and desolate members of society because of it.

Aren’t most people looking at the worst case scenario when it comes to dealers and their customers.

Most people who use drugs are normal functioning members of society.

The image of the lobotomized walking dead users is pushed to the front to keep the consensus high of the negative effects of drugs

I mean, look at alcohol.. the vast majority of consumers aren’t alcoholics, lead normal lives etc. But you still can find broken homes, families and desolate members of society because of it.

Yes we have been focussing on the worst scenarios, the reasons for this have already been stated by both me and dubs

/ you lot do realise that most people who smoke crack and even people who take buj aren't zombies enni?

Plenty man who's colleagues think they're upstanding respectable members of society are finishing work and buying 4 of each

#LAW

i agree but it still boils down to consent..

consenting sex is just sex

non consenting sex is rape.

consent makes a big difference

therefore drug dealing = sex

fraud = rape

which is worse?

yh it was a really gash debate

kept checkin back for interesting points but didnt work out

straight forward answer really in that they're pretty morally incomparable at face value

debate should be moved on to what it was really about as to whether fraud has a rightful place in darknet markets, if u read carlos' post was the reason fraudsters/thieves were lumped in together

most people on here probably won't be bothered about that tho

imo, and guys would probably laugh at the this word bein applied to a network of online dealers, especially considering some of these 'mumsnet'esque posts in the fred, it insults the integrity of the concept of a fully free market, altho i understand that 'carding' and that kind of fraud is widely regarded as a victimless crime and lumped in the same category plus the techy criminal circles of both camps will overlap

but na, f*ck fraud

we want a trustworthy global online market free from the shackles of ignorant legislation

fraud doesn't help to serve that purpose

disclaimer - i aint bought from these markets nor do i possess the knowledge to have even accessed em so any1 lurking can suck us off

i won't be livin here by the time this kind of sh*t is standardised enough for me to ever benefit from so leave me off ur lists u cunts

• Upvote 1