Drug Dealers vs Fraudsters/Thieves

Mr. Martinez

Local..

Evolution marketplace (darknet market) suffered an exit scam from the admins last week.

Turns out evolution used to be a carding forum. Which means evolution was run by fraudsters from the very beginning.

It always used to bother me that the market had a fraud section and I never really felt comfortable doing business with people that were involved in fraud.

Anyway, now that the admins scammed millions of dollars (12 or 35$million depending on who you believe) there's a massive debate going on about the darknet and the place of drugs and fraud in marketplaces. Just wondered what you lot thought..

yeye i jus connected the dots in the post above this

half watchin it unfold over reddit was pretty interestin

death threats galore

stealth_bomber losin 85k dollars alone

surely the only real business plan is a cut n run? assuming the law will eventually catch up with u

i'd be GONE

So far every market has pretty much been a clone of Silk Road.

The business model is that the admins charge a % on every transaction. And that commission allows them to make money. But admins also have control of a 'master' wallet which basically contains all the funds in escrow. This means that until a new decentralised market with new technology (check out openBazaar) is launched, what happened with evolution is likely to happen again.

Evolution was making a lot of money on commission alone. 100s of k a month. So the scam was just utter greed.

If you are competent, you can run a darknet market without being caught. Everyone that has been caught was due to stupid mistakes on their part. (r.i.p. Ross)

So yea there's a massive opportunity for someone to launch a proper decentralised market place with a good multi-sig solution.

The question remains though.

Do the drug dealers and users that use these markets, have the right to refuse access to those wanting fraud related goods/services?

Ps: I wanted to approach the question from solely a moral POV first to see responses.

• Upvote 1

no matter how bad you think drugs are you cannot get rid of a demand. people getting hooked on drugs is a society problem and a drug dealers exploit.

and it depends what you define as a fraudster what about an insurance seller selling exertionate life insurance to OAP's 

no matter how bad you think drugs are you cannot get rid of a demand. people getting hooked on drugs is a society problem and a drug dealers exploit.

and it depends what you define as a fraudster what about an insurance seller selling exertionate life insurance to OAP's

I think what constitutes a fraudster/thief is quite clear and the insurance seller in your example is definitely that.

:/

people want the drugs, they're going to get them 1 way or another..

no ones wants to be a victim of fraud

wtf has that got to do with anything ? further more do kids want bittys for parents ?

dont even bother thinking with ur potato head next time