Would you ever get back with an Ex thats slept with someone else?

J. Edgar

The strength of a man can often be found in how he can adapt his mind to work with the situation at hand and strive for a positive outcome.

That is the kind of mentality that took a man like Mandela from being a terrorist, to forgiving the state that prosecuted him and eventually presiding over it. He made his bed as a terrorist with hatred and anger, but he eventually woke up as a leader and inspiration to many.

CP

• Upvote 1

Knew someone would bring up Winnie and detract from the inspired message I conjured up for the benefit of a fellow soldier.

The Greeks had a thing called 'interpretatio graeca' and interpreted foreign gods with similar characteristics as their own to be the foreign equivalent.

Can you guys not take the root message of one anecdote and do the same with another? Is it so hard to see the lack of merit in having a family structure and walking away from it because of what appears as infidelity introduced by OP?

Or you could attempt a family unit and tackle the situation and avoid being an absent father...

CP

Knew someone would bring up Winnie and detract from the inspired message I conjured up for the benefit of a fellow soldier.

The Greeks had a thing called 'interpretatio graeca' and interpreted foreign gods with similar characteristics as their own to be the foreign equivalent.

Can you guys not take the root message of one anecdote and do the same with another? Is it so hard to see the lack of merit in having a family structure and walking away from it because of what appears as infidelity introduced by OP?

Or you could attempt a family unit and tackle the situation and avoid being an absent father...

CP

And then still have that resentment in your heart, bringing up a child in a passive aggressive toxic environment.

Its not like hes totally absent just because he wouldnt live with her, ive seen 'sticking together for the kids' marriages and they aint shit.

Also for her to do that shes already checked out the relationship. Women dont go back and they cheat differently, they are not men. While you advise him to be on the back foot trying to pick up the pieces from simps standpoint and not respect. She doesnt respect him, its done. Damn your example, this is real life.

CP

And then still have that resentment in your heart, bringing up a child in a passive aggressive toxic environment.

Its not like hes totally absent just because he wouldnt live with her, ive seen 'sticking together for the kids' marriages and they aint sh*t.

Also for her to do that shes already checked out the relationship. Women dont go back and they cheat differently, they are not men. While you advise him to be on the back foot trying to pick up the pieces from simps standpoint and not respect. She doesnt respect him, its done. Damn your example, this is real life.

Simp this cap'n that, your minds are warped.

It appears OP by saying he got bored suggests a tendency to repeat said 'dusty' circumstance.

So by you guys telling him to leave, you are facilitating more dust, dust².

/

This 'real life' talk seems like an excuse for people to follow the same patterns in life.

• Upvote 1

However the simple and core message of the Christian faith found in the New Testament is not impacted by people (such as Catholics) believing that a saint slew the Leviathan for example.

@FW

Most definitely not

Can I ask why you reject the Old Testament?

I do not reject the OT, who told you that?

2 Peter 1:20-21 NKJV

[20] knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation, [21] for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.

However the simple and core message of the Christian faith found in the New Testament is not impacted by people (such as Catholics) believing that a saint slew the Leviathan for example.

@FW

Most definitely not

[20] knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation, [21] for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.

You just stressed that the core of [your?] Christian faith comes from the New Testament

I assumed you were one of the people who pretends the OT doesn't apply to them

J. Edgar are you married?

CP would you stick with your woman if this was you? Have you considered she doesnt want him?

If I was in this exact scenario, though - with no disrespect - it doesn't represent my character, I would reason like this (obviously making assumptions with the OP we were given):

1. I think I'm not feeling her how I used to -
  2. It seems shes moved on from me after I broke it off -
  3. She's been with another man and I can't bear that -
  4. I should cut innit? -
  5. We managed a relationship for 3 years +
  6. We've been able to live together for 3 years after that +
  7. We have a daughter +
  8. I can openly say that 'she's not a Becky' +

I'd give it a go, set some ground rules on other men and women and where they can sleep, discretion etc. and say it's for the sake of our daughter. Basically live a 21st Century relationship where we can both beat out but retain a family unit, it's not unheard of http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2012/apr/06/couples-in-open-relationships(though for practical, which also means spiritual reasons I do not think this is an idea way to live) . Now this could go one of two ways...

A

If she revels in this agreement and I can't handle the concept of her being with other men I will probably out of emotion confront her about it, sell her a false dream of a new monogamous relationship, she will accept (as we already have a track record and a kid) but I myself will keep beating out. It will eventually break down and I will leave, it will be considered a failure, However, I will then purpose myself to adjust my approach to relationships if I intend to have a family in the future, my psychology will alter.

B

If it ends up where in the long run we both explore other people, nothing serious comes of it, we cant see ourselves apart, jealously still occurs when we are with other people then it could force us back towards each other (given the convenience of the existing structure). Where in our immaturity and from building a relationships and having a child young we have grown together to appreciate that we can be with one person for life and fortunately that person was near enough to get back with after the 'growing period'.

Difference between that and what you guys are suggesting is an actual workout strategy.

Captain, please shut up.

Was expecting lols in this thread not that fraff.

No

@FW

Most definitely not

You just stressed that the core of [your?] Christian faith comes from the New Testament

I assumed you were one of the people who pretends the OT doesn't apply to them

Klkl

You man have it in your head that once you breed her you can do what you want and she's yours.

If you're not with her she's free to do what she wants. Take the L it's all in the game you started playing when you smashed, dumped her but continued to abuse your position. It's not your house, it's not your bed, and it's not your p*ssy either.

Be a man for your daughter and leave her to do what she wants. Men will come and go in a woman's house what's she supposed to do with your daughter leave her at some random's house?

Your focus shouldn't be some girl you don't respect nor care about it should be on your daughter you piece of shit.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

You man have it in your head that once you breed her you can do what you want and she's yours.

If you're not with her she's free to do what she wants. Take the L it's all in the game you started playing when you smashed, dumped her but continued to abuse your position. It's not your house, it's not your bed, and it's not your p*ssy either.

Be a man for your daughter and leave her to do what she wants. Men will come and go in a woman's house what's she supposed to do with your daughter leave her at some random's house?

Your focus shouldn't be some girl you don't respect nor care about it should be on your daughter you piece of sh*t.

Didn't expect that  :lmao:

Hes right to a certain extent though

She's just playing by the rules he introduced she hasn't actually done anything out of line as far as freein up the p*ssy is concerned

But having dons roll up to the family home to lay pipe and telling man about her triple beam tinder dreams is a next ting though

• Upvote 2