price history

Frank White

I don't know if there's a website, couldn't see from a quick search. I think the problem with something like this is that there isn't an api that could get you at a point where you have what you describe. You would have to do a lot of up front research work to get anywhere near as much data as you would need to launch something like this. That's why anyone searching for this type of website, would've only come across the various amazon price tracker sites that tap into amazon's api. 

I don't know if there would be enough interest to spend all that time finding out the price of random stuff over the last couple of decades. I doubt it. But Maybe there is. Who knows? 

It would actually be mostly a data entry task if you could get your hands on brochures from high street retailers to cover the timespan required.

Hmm maybe it is worth doing.

/

you can sometimes answer the question each time by finding the answer through google.

I'm sad enough to have one of the Carphone Warehouse brochures from Xmas 2000 and the prices are on PAYG:

Nokia 3210 - Fresh £99.99, BT Cellnet £69.99, Orange £79.99, Vodafone £79.99

Nokia 3310 - Fresh £114.99, BT Cellnet £99.99, Orange £99.99, One2One £99.99

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18216881