PFA Player of the year 2015

Admin.

Happy for Coutinho, not sure he should have been nominated for the main award.

Fabregas has to be there for his output at the beginning of the seasons.

Hazard has carried the team from the start and continues to do so

considering the context, he's head and shoulders above everyone on that list barring De Gea

So who will be voted PFA Player of the Year? Eden Hazard is the hot favourite but whoever wins will have plenty of tactical voting to thank.

I’m sure Hazard and the other leading contenders — in my mind David de Gea and Harry Kane — will benefit from their team-mates being careful with who they vote for. John Terry recently revealed he had chosen Liverpool midfielder Philippe Coutinho — who has been very good but not great — as his nomination. There’s no way Terry can seriously believe Coutinho has been better than De Gea and Kane this season! There is more to it than meets the eye.

John, I am almost certain, will have gone around Chelsea’s dressing room when the ballot papers came in and told the squad — given that you cannot choose one of your team-mates — under no circumstances should they vote for De Gea or Kane, who are Hazard’s biggest challengers. I’m sure the same happened in the Spurs and United dressing rooms.

How do I know? I did exactly the same thing in 2006 when Steven Gerrard won! I was Liverpool’s PFA representative back then and I made it clear that, for Stevie to win, nobody should vote for Thierry Henry or Frank Lampard! You might think that’s unfair but it is the same in every dressing room.

The voting is, of course, already done but Hazard and De Gea come up against each other on Saturday and will both be eager to show that they should be regarded as the season’s standout performer.

It is interesting to see how Hazard measures up with Bale, who is getting criticism in Spain for not making a big enough impact at Real Madrid, yet after 27 games in La Liga he has scored 13 goals and made seven assists.

Hazard, by contrast, has 12 goals in the Premier League — three of which have been penalties — and has eight assists.

There isn’t a great difference in the numbers. But only one of them is anywhere close to being voted player of the year in their league. That shows us it hasn’t been a vintage season.

LOL yeah Mourinho defiantly sits him down and says to him weekly "Listen lad don't play to your full potential today tone it down I don't wanna see you spring forward play a 1-2 and then nutmeg the so called best young keeper in the world in the biggest match of the season so far to really nail us on to win the league this year"

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

De Gea

Ivanovic

Terry

Cahill

Bertrand

Hazard

Matic

Coutinho

Sanchez

Kane