Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice

Vertigo

5 hours ago, revs said:

It just felt like the film tried to do too much at once and missed the mark badly. Marvel had a ton of films leading up to Avengers meaning it didn't have to waste time filling everyone in to get things going.

It got a lot of things right with the characters and tone (regardless of source material - apart from Lex, that was awful) but the film's pacing and lack of depth hurt it badly imo. It just felt a bit too shallow much like Man of Steel.

It just felt very anticlimactic and in the end I didn't give a shit about what happened to anyone which is the exact same problem Avengers 2 suffered.

I love comic book movies and was so looking forward to this. Just hope Civil War doesn't end up being shit too.

Tbf, it's like they put 3 different story lines from comics all in one film.   The editing at the start of the film was very bad imo, No establishing shots, just continuous jump cuts,  I think DC needed to make 1, a Batman film, 2. A Superman sequel, then this film would have been better.  No back story and trying to ram everything in was something that was poor.  I think even Nolan would have struggled to fit everything in.

I think there's like 5 story lines running at the same time so in that regards, the film was a mess.

Lex was more towards the Joker than actual Lex.  I thought he played that well but it like i said, most people would hate him.

WW 100% should have been left out of the trailers.  I think her introduction was probably one of the best bits about the film.  They showed too much.  Ima stop watching DC trailers from now on.

I think Civil War will be one of the better comic book films but let's be honest, that fight in the trailer is pathetic compared to what's supposed to happen.  No doubt it'll get slated too in that regards but at least the film would be better constructed.

7 minutes ago, Heero Yuy said:

that's exactly the sentiments the screen junkies review expressed.

still gonna see it next week with an open mind regardless.

lol it's a good watch tbf when you put the editing aside and lazy writing.  The way critics were going, i thought this was going to be on par with Fantastic 4 :rofl:

Some of the cinematography was great and the score of the film may even be oscar worthy :ph34r:

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, RYDER. said:

Main thing i'm looking forward to seeing is Batman fucking shit up,from what I've read, they're saying this batman is brutal.  The one thing that was lacking from the previous bat films..look at this:

2QcNSmR.gif

:/

to

Qo4xZ2x.gif

[anderson paak] yes lawd [anderson paak]

JESU

man is rock bottoming dons through concrete ya kna

• Upvote 1

I think the wonder woman character was massively under explained and  they should have either explained her or left her out.

The hand to hand fight scenes I liked but not the cgi scenes at all

Why not Michael Caine? The replacement ruined  the batman scenes.

Will post more after a second viewing

If your not a fan you wouldn't have enjoyed it as much as someone who knows the comics storylines, so to me I was just watching it in live action *shrug*

Critics washing it as bad as they said was uncalled for, MCU was just set up better over the decade.

DC have to play catch up, cs they should have left wonder woman out of the trailers 

Was decent 

They took the really good bits of Superman/Batman story lines and didn't do them justice IMO

as separate scenes then were amazing to see in live action but in the context of the film they didn't have much impact because of the amount of things that were going on

I think they just had to much story, the plot kinda jumped about abit to much for my liking, they missed out on alot of information they easily could of made two films even tiny details like why wonderwoman is the only one able to hurt Doomsday

Hoooowver the action sequences where top notch, I can't falt them at all, bats raid scene is one of the best batman fight scenes ever done!

It was like watching the comic for me, but I kinda get the critisim,

• Upvote 1

Nowhere near as bad as these marvel employed critics are making out.

Affleck and irons stole the show, best depiction of batman I've seen. Like Arkham batman with no fucks to give. I like that he killed people as well, 20 years fighting crime in Gotham you would as well. Need a whole movie of him, just as ruthless. 

Snyder needs to be reigned in though, too many pointless, religious overtone scenes with his fingerprints all over them.  

Decent watch.  

Yeah, bit underwhelmed with this one. Way too rushed, tried to do way too much and as a result did much too little. Also could have benefited from a little light humour here and there like how Marvel does it, that's what won me over on a few of these movies the comedic element mixed with the serious undertone leading to some genuinely absorbing movies. This was a bit rushed for real unfortunately but it was a good watch.

The Bat is sick, but seriously he should have _____ ________man. Da fuck bro you're mad emo. Lex is a let down i'm sorry I prefer the perfect specimen Lex vs the Brainy Billionaire nerd Lex. Unless Eisenberg gets like, SUPER HENCH for the next movie I won't ever be happy with Lex.

tumblr_inline_nn0mukSjtz1r5ight_540.png

Spoiler

I like that they showed an actual boom tube with the Cyborg scene, and the whole "Demons come from above" has Darkseid written all over it. They dispatched Doomsday way too soon and the ending was so fucking obvious, can't have a Superman/Doomsday movie without a super "Death" but even then I can't imagine it was a big shock for anyone in the cinema/no one cared.

• 3 months later...

So I finally managed to give BvS Dawn of justice a good few watches. Fucking hell, what a mess.

There’s not enough substance in the character motivations for the story to make sense. Like Batman is trying to kill superman for the filmiest of reasons, superman fighting batman because he’s being blackmailed :/

Bruce’s lack of intelligence seems missing from his character. Then nobody knows what Lex’s actual goals or motivations are, It’s basically the same issues people had with Ultron.

big positive though was Batfleck, that warehouse scene is epic, GOAT batman portrayl. I thought Jesse wasn’t a bad Lex, I dunno why they just didn’t bald him off from the start, the way they made him look in general made it hard to take him seriously.

• Upvote 1

Not a comic guy but i didnt really enjoy the film at all, plot was awful.

The stand alone Batmans are infinitely better.