Memphis Depay

i5_PRODUCER

Southampton manager Ronald Koeman has suggested that £25million Manchester United signing Memphis Depay may prove to be overpriced after missing out on signing the Dutch international.

United finalised a move for PSV Eindhoven star Depay last month but manager Louis van Gaal admitted they were rushed into the deal by interest show by mega-rich Paris Saint-Germain.

And Koeman says that the £25m fee is 'a lot of money' for someone that he cannot see playing in every game for United next season in a transitional phase from the Dutch Eredivisie.

'I think they paid a lot of money,' Saint boss Koeman said of the Depay deal. 'Because it is United, where they already spent £200m on players like Angel di Maria, such a big figure is put in perspective.

'He won't play every game. I have learnt, while I am here in England, that Dutch players can't make the jump to the top of the Premier League easily. And young players can't play 38 games anyway.

'If you pay millions for Di Maria, who hardly plays, if you pay a fortune in wages and rent fee for (loanee) Radamel Falcao, who never plays, then £25m is not a lot of money for them.'

Koeman also revealed that he tried to sign the 21-year-old this time last year but that the move was rebuffed before Saints were simply blown away by United's spending power this time around.

'My brother Erwin has the same agent, so we tried to bring him to Southampton, but he wanted to stay for one more year at PSV,'

• Downvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

The £25m addition from PSV also spoke of delight at playing alongside club captain Wayne Rooney for the first time, saying it was 'an honour'.

“Wayne coached me a lot through the game and talked to me about which position I should take and when to defend,' he said. 'We have to form a duo and I have the right feeling with him. It’s an honour to play with such a legend like Wazza.

dun dun dun dun 

another one bites the................3hunna

• Upvote 2

The £25m addition from PSV also spoke of delight at playing alongside club captain Wayne Rooney for the first time, saying it was 'an honour'.

“Wayne coached me a lot through the game and talked to me about which position I should take and when to defend,' he said. 'We have to form a duo and I have the right feeling with him. It’s an honour to play with such a legend like Wazza.

:lol:

Its Wayne's World, we just live in it.

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...

Lvg gave the depay hype a swift shutdown

Said fuck hero

Best thing about the mechanicalera

Is he prem quality?

Struggled vs 3 mid table teams, once mbemba clocked he was doing what young does after 15mins didnt have a kick rest of the game

Maybe a loan ?

Who's the originator of Dutch Townsend

and as for the pundits loving him, I said that cause he shoots from any angle like his first name's Andros and the pundits love him

was too easy a comparison to make :lol: but he's calmed the silly shots down a touch at United

now that you mention it...

Cadena Cope some dusty radio station

When Ramos is holding up a shirt saying 2020 at the back you will won't ever quote Cadena Cope again as a source.

De Gea will sign in this window so nobody is sitting out their contract

The whole Europe are trembling because you said a Dutch Townsend, A player from Southampton also you have Mike "Kaiser" Smalling leading your defence

Europa League be afraid be very afraid