Krept & Konan - Freak Of The Week ft. Jeremih

Guest babatundestacks

kinda weird this tune

not that great for a mustard tune, not that great for a jeremih tune

but they sound good on it (bar another rihanna line *cringe*)

vid looks natural, if not throwback

comes like this could actually work its way into the US subconscious without them questioning it being a Brit tune

and as credible as the cosigns are, it's just another follow the trend / buy me a hit number

it's soulless

Krept & Konan aren't rappers or MCs, they're just pop stars

why is there never that want or need to actually try and push music forward with our artists?

why does no one wanna make the new hot shit no more?

basic bars was expecting at least the usual punchline singalongs

this is for that kiss fm/18-24 white listens to urban female audience, defo sold out on this sounds too popish to be big in america 

and well if it flops here they lose credibility amongst there core fanbase

/

rather just listen to the beanie man version

Krept & Konan aren't rappers or MCs, they're just pop stars

why is there never that want or need to actually try and push music forward with our artists?

lazy artists and cheap throwaway music 

Theyve never been proper talented, their ear for music has always been shit.

Only made it cause country kids impressed with their punch lines which they overuse.

Uk rappers still wont learn, america will never respect you when youre doing a knock off cheap version of what they already do.

This track and Certified have been trash

• Upvote 3

Theyve never been proper talented, their ear for music has always been sh*t.

Only made it cause country kids impressed with their punch lines which they overuse.

Uk rappers still wont learn, america will never respect you when youre doing a knock off cheap version of what they already do.

I disagree. I think they are/were talented. Their mainstream music is what sucks. When they were making grime around 2006 to 2009 they were really good.

The grime music Krept,Konan/Gipset were making during 2006-2009 >>>>>> better than half the mainstream grime stuff out there now i.e Stormzy/Novelist etc

I mention mainstream grime because to be honest I have no knowledge of the underground stuff in 2015.. But from the music I've been hearing from these new artists like Stormzy etc - I don't see the quality or the hype at all. 

Maybe I'm just out of touch. Haven't been into grime post 2009

• Upvote 2

Theyve never been proper talented, their ear for music has always been sh*t.

I disagree. I think they are/were talented. Their mainstream music is what sucks. When they were making grime around 2006 to 2009 they were really good.

The grime music Krept,Konan/Gipset were making during 2006-2009 >>>>>> better than half the mainstream grime stuff out there now i.e Stormzy/Novelist etc

I mention mainstream grime because to be honest I have no knowledge of the underground stuff in 2015.. But from the music I've been hearing from these new artists like Stormzy etc - I don't see the quality or the hype at all. 

Maybe I'm just out of touch. Haven't been into grime post 2009

I agree with you in terms of it being better than Stormzy and Novelist..

But that really isn't any type of benchmark, those guys are bang average to me.

They were good in 08-09, but i just never felt them like that, thought they overdone it with the punchlines,and most importantly they couldn't make good songs.

For all the talk of Stormzy being not so good, which i agree with, 'Thats Not Me' was a more captivating song than anything i was hearing from k and k them time or even now.