UK Politics Topic

Don Crack

This TTIP doesn't sound good at all.

These lot are on the offensive as well with this Vote Yes to Europe tip. Quoting the Queen trying to spin it like she's in favour of being in the EU. And now talking about how Putin is going to fund a No vote campaign in the UK to drive a wedge between us and Germany.

This TTIP doesn't sound good at all.

These lot are on the offensive as well with this Vote Yes to Europe tip. Quoting the Queen trying to spin it like she's in favour of being in the EU. And now talking about how Putin is going to fund a No vote campaign in the UK to drive a wedge between us and Germany.

It's all so simple to you isn't it? Your analysis is so accurate in fact, that you should apply for a job at some major news outlet as a political correspondent.

• Downvote 3

LMAO @ You though. Followed me into the Video thread trying to get my attention with some waste zero point comment. Now you pop up in here begging my attention again.

The TTIP isn't simple to me. Had to go read an article about it before to see how negative it was.

The Putin and Queen issue is super simple. Media spinning stories for their masters to sway the British public.

Now fuck off.

• Downvote 2

It wasn't part of any manifesto but I think they took the same view as I would myself on it. Not 100% positive on it but I think their stance was something along the lines of they were not against Gay Marriage but were also of the mind that no churches or religions should feel forced to carry out the marriages.

But these lot banned UKIP from attending this parade, and Gay UKIP supporters have turned up anyways.

Read an article the other day that headlined saying Andy Burnham will 'FORCE' all Religious schools to teach about gay relationships. Doesn't sound too democratic but I'd love to see him try lol.

The emphasis was on the term FORCE. Like he's not even Labour leader yet but he's on some dictatorship tip without getting opinion. I don't have any opinions or feelings towards it myself, but I'd love to see him try force it on Islamic schools, because so far he was only willing to drop Catholics in his quotes.

• Downvote 1

HUH!?!? How does it sound like an issue for me... I'm just quoting an article since were on the topic. No care at all for what he wants to do, I just find it humorous that he sounded like a dictator.

And You and I and everyone else knows there is zero chance they could or would push that kinda shit onto Islamic schools.

they've forced them not to teach creationism as a science, why would teaching about homosexuality seem that crazy?

and because if you're throwing around words like "dictator" and capitalising the word "force" then you've obviously got an angle and thus have an opinion/feelings about it

You are quite right I do dislike Paedo Warmongering, Racist harboring political parties. But the story was dropped because of the context of the conversation. Then when you try accuse me of something and get told otherwise you act like I'm in some kinda position where I need to lie on here lol What is that about?

Theresa May named internet villain of the year

Home Secretary receives gong for going ahead with ‘snooper’s charter’, while MPs Tom Watson and David Davis are ‘heroes’ for challenging surveillance

cb7aba9a-f602-445a-b78f-00c9d9a6bfa8-206

The Home Secretary, Theresa May, has been named the UK internet industry’s villain of the year for pursuing “snooper’s charter” legislation without fully consulting the sector.

The gong, part of the annual ISPA awards, was given for “forging ahead with communications data legislation that would significantly increase capabilities without adequate consultation with industry and civil society”.

“With an investigatory powers bill due before parliament in the coming months, it is essential that ISPs are consulted,” the Internet Services Providers’ Association (ISPA) added.

• 2 weeks later...

MPs to get a 10% Pay Rise

More than 330,000 children from low-income families in England will be hit by Conservative plans to reduce the benefit cap, the government’s own impact assessment (pdf) has concluded.

The policy will take an estimated £300m out of the pockets of the affected families in its proposed first full year of operation in 2017-18, costing those who are hit an average of £63 per household each week.

Ministers want to cut the cap on benefits payments of £26,000 a year per household to £23,000 in London and £20,000 in the rest of the country.

The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) impact assessment was released to coincide with the second reading of the welfare bill, which the Commons passed by 308 votes to 124, a government majority of 184. Forty-eight Labour MPs voted against the second reading of the bill, rather than abstain as the party’s interim leader Harriet Harman had recommended.

Single mothers will be hit hardest as a group by the cap – constituting 59% of those affected by the change.

• More than three-quarters of the households affected will be aged between 25 and 44.

• As many as 37% of those affected may be ethnic minority households – although the study says this cannot be precisely quantified.

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2015/jul/20/benefit-cuts-to-hit-huge-number-of-children-government-figures-show

my mp was one of the few that voted... labour are done. absolutely useless, spineless party

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1