UK Politics Topic

Don Crack

10 minutes ago, Heero Yuy said:

Yeah they had a protest and everything about it. Swear they just don’t feel him because he rides for Palestine. 

100% that's the reason imo too

JC will always have a fight on his hands for that main reason, jews ain't having it at all

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2018/04/24/boris-johnson-challenges-theresa-may-introduce-migrant-amnesty/

Boris Johnson has challenged Theresa May in Cabinet to introduce an amnesty for illegal immigrants in the wake of the Windrush scandal.

The Foreign Secretary told Cabinet that there needs to be a "broader" amnesty for those from Commonwealth nations and elsewhere, provided they are "squeaky clean" and do not have criminal records.

It comes amid a growing debate in Government over the treatment of migrants in the wake of the Windrush immigration scandal, with Mr Johnson among several Cabinet ministers urging a more liberal approach.

Bojo>____

Gambeezy must be pissed hearing this.

Boris is obviously trying to win votes. Guy really wants that PM job.

• 5 months later...

Has anyone had the household enquiry person come to the door?

Jus had this old man quizzin me about who lives here an tryin to get me on the electoral register. He was actually tryin to intimidate me once i said i will do it online. Telling me I could be fined £1000

Yes could be an how u gna fine me when u don't have my name

Really didn't like that at all, tryin to get all forceful when i said no one time. I had to get very stern

Since when did the law change tho? I thought the electoral register was optional...?

Maybe you should actually read his entire article, because a lot of it makes perfect sense. Fake news era is really something though atm, can't trust a provocative headline and a few well placed quotes.

Walk into any newsagent and look at the magazines that are targeted at the young. You will be shocked by the violence and the sex. Today 50 Cent, a rap singer and former drug dealer who has been shot nine times, boasts about his "coolness" in an advertisement for trainers.

Bad parenting and a difficult environment play a large part in this failure of society. So the news that the number of lone parent families has risen by 250,000 since 1997 should be a concern for us all. Of course, I see many single mothers doing extraordinarily well in bringing up their children alone. And obviously some will be older, emotionally mature and relatively well-off, perhaps with a strong network of friends, colleagues and relations to support them. Some will have support from an absent father. But others do not.

I watch a lot of the single mothers. I see that they are struggling with the loneliness, the depression, the mental health problems, the sheer work involved in raising a child on your own.

I see children - not the majority but too many for comfort - who are emotionally depressed, criminally inclined and whose behaviour has a disproportionate effect on other children. I see an alarming growth in bullying and a growth in the numbers of children as young as 12 and 13 years old who are joining gangs.

Many of the young adults I know are the children of the first generation of single mothers to be housed here. Many of the first single mums were housed in my part of London, reassuring them that it was acceptable - even desirable - for mothers to have babies on their own.

That assumption is flawed because we now know that a child growing up without a father is so much more likely to be disadvantaged. Children born to married parents tend to be healthier - both physically and mentally - and less accident-prone than other children, a condition that starts from birth. Babies born outside marriage have a higher risk of childhood mortality.

And yet society seems to be encouraging more single parents. For example, any young girl living in the inner city will be clued up on how the system works. They won't be too careful about not becoming parents. In some cases, they will deliberately become pregnant - as they know that if they do, they will get a flat. They talk to me about it openly. They tell me that becoming pregnant is an opportunity. Only later does the reality sink in. And then, of course, it is too late.

It is the same with benefits. These people are not stupid. If the state offers them money for doing something, they will do it. It is as simple as that. I hear them talking about it, I hear them discussing how much they can get. And I see them change their behaviour. Why have the father move in with you if it means that you will get less from the Government?

It has reached the point where you get a lot of people who are not single parents but who present themselves in that manner because it makes financial sense. If anybody thinks that people don't sit around and have these discussions, they are deluding themselves. In the housing estates, they soon work out which way will make the most money. And that's an example of how they are trapped by government policy. Because it discourages them from raising their children in nuclear families.

The nuclear family should be the norm. It might not be any more, but it is an ideal to aim for. But if you have to be estranged from the father of your child in order to survive financially, there's a problem. If you talk to young people, most of them support marriage. There are very few who say they wouldn't like to get married, especially the young women.

If the Government wants to support the family, it should educate our young people on the realities of being a lone parent. Institutions outside the family - the schools, government, the community support and many others - should also play a vital role in encouraging responsible parenthood. The tax and benefit system should work for the family. It should not be offensive to single mums, liberal commentators, or anyone else if the Government openly supports the family. It should be common sense.

I fear things will get worse because I see the next generation coming of age. As the number of young single mothers grows, I am watching their children's problems increase exponentially. The bonds of community are weakening by the day. The alienation down here on the ground is growing. And I fear that, soon, the murder of Mr Rhys Price will no longer be thought of as a tragic isolated incident.

and it's pretty much exactly what Larry Elder says.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

a grade wasteman