Labour Leadership Race

Elementalism

What is it that you guys like about Chukka?

Hes the highest profile labour mp atm, and imo could steer the middle votes from the tories they lost back to labour.

You cant bring age into because a '97 tony blair kills that arguement. Beginning to think drift was right.

Whats there to like about the others?

Boris is the next PM, the silly advisors fucked up, they will blow the working class trumpet again next time with a flabby leader like yevette or tristin and lose.

Labour literally have nobody to lead them right now.

basically

/

smart decision from chuka, he knows the tory press would have absolutely destroyed him

I also thought I understood the scrutiny and attention a leadership contest would bring.'

But Mr Umunna added: 'Since the night of our defeat last week I have been subject to the added level of pressure that comes with being a leadership candidate.

'I have not found it to be a comfortable experience. Consequently after further reflection I am withdrawing my candidacy

People playing it off as a 'smart move' but it seems simply that he just doesn't have the bottle. Got man like Farage being constantly hounded and labelled things for the past few years and this guys crumbled at the "Pressure" of being a candidate for the past few days.

• Downvote 1

He's black "AND THAT'S ALL THEY WANT TO KNOW"

THIS IS ANT DR. KING! THIS IS ANTI DR. KING!

TTKK

no, hes not just black.. hes young,charismatic and has put forward good ideas of note and has potential, some may say too early but its not just cos hes black.. 

he has said alot of things about young people that make very good sense

from when i know suttle tory racists that dont like him for the image he portrays and his potential..he gets my vote. 

if it was just bcos someone was black then diane abbot could stand.. or that c*nt david lammy.. but id rather vote in the EDL than vote lammy. 

• Upvote 1

People playing it off as a 'smart move' but it seems simply that he just doesn't have the bottle. Got man like Farage being constantly hounded and labelled things for the past few years and this guys crumbled at the "Pressure" of being a candidate for the past few days.

he saw an opening and took it, probably ill timed considering having press outside waiting by houses of his relatives. i dont see anything wrong with withdrawing. isnt that what the process is all about?

what about your guy who said he would resign and then claims his party exec refused his resignation...which was just a holiday break anyway..now his own campaign manager calls him a c*nt... 

even though i kinda like farage and his own campaign to date, dont compare apples and oranges. how long has farage been in politics..compared to chukka

• Upvote 1

Not questioning whether he should of withdrew or not. I'm saying whilst other people are playing it off as some long term planned smart move by him, in reality as he has expressed himself, he didn't have the bottle to do it. Couldn't handle the pressure he's been under for a few days.

I didn't think Nigel had any reason to resign but he said he would and he essentially did. Whether he was smart enough to plan that with UKIP or not who knows. That campaign manager apologized, salty because he thought he might have a chance at leading if you ask me. He got buried on Question Time last night and he's got a former UKIP member who's gone back into media gunning for him now. This guy was the same guy who supposedly wanted Nigel to drop the HIV comment but now complained he's too snarly.

Not questioning whether he should of withdrew or not. I'm saying whilst other people are playing it off as some long term planned smart move by him, in reality as he has expressed himself, he didn't have the bottle to do it. Couldn't handle the pressure he's been under for a few days.

I didn't think Nigel had any reason to resign but he said he would and he essentially did. Whether he was smart enough to plan that with UKIP or not who knows. That campaign manager apologized, salty because he thought he might have a chance at leading if you ask me. He got buried on Question Time last night and he's got a former UKIP member who's gone back into media gunning for him now. This guy was the same guy who supposedly wanted Nigel to drop the HIV comment but now complained he's too snarly.

you cant apologise for such remarks.. and then call the guy your hero. thats nonsense. chukka didnt say he didnt have the bottle, he said he was not ready for the intense scrutiny, so at best it was ill timed but maybe it was a smart move to smell the coffee early and step out of the ring at this point. youre slating the guy who dissed farage. but, the largest donor to UKIP has also said farage should quit, so you should be focused on the in fighting going on in UKIP. he called the rest of farage's inner circle wronguns  :confused:

I don't have any heroes but as far as politics go Farage is the only leader who appears to speak the real and his mind. Couldn't handle the scrutiny, so he bottled it right? lol That's politics, was he expecting some joy ride?

The campaign manager can apologize and he did. But the guy who he called a wrongun was on the news himself accusing the campaign manager of foaming at the mouth with excitement when Farage dropped the HIV quotes in the debates, now he turns around claiming Nigel has turned to snarley....... Make of it what you will. I don't think Farage had any reason to quit and I'm 100% glad he's still leading the party. He can handle all the shit talking unlike ya boy Chuka, as Thun said, fell at the first hurdle.

He's black "AND THAT'S ALL THEY WANT TO KNOW"

THIS IS ANT DR. KING! THIS IS ANTI DR. KING!

TTKK

no, hes not just black.. hes young,charismatic and has put forward good ideas of note and has potential, some may say too early but its not just cos hes black.. 

he has said alot of things about young people that make very good sense

from when i know suttle tory racists that dont like him for the image he portrays and his potential..he gets my vote. 

if it was just bcos someone was black then diane abbot could stand.. or that c*nt david lammy.. but id rather vote in the EDL than vote lammy. 

My comment was in response to the question of why people ON HERE back him, not the wider public.

you cant apologise for such remarks.. and then call the guy your hero. thats nonsense. chukka didnt say he didnt have the bottle, he said he was not ready for the intense scrutiny, so at best it was ill timed but maybe it was a smart move to smell the coffee early and step out of the ring at this point. youre slating the guy who dissed farage. but, the largest donor to UKIP has also said farage should quit, so you should be focused on the in fighting going on in UKIP. he called the rest of farage's inner circle wronguns  :confused:

He wasn't ready for the intense scrutiny?!? He was running for a position that could see very well see him become Prime Minister in the next couple of years. How could he not be ready for it? Every politician in a position of influence comes under this type of scrutiny. Do you remember the revelations about George Osborne's cocaine-taking dominatrix friend from his university days?

He doesn't come out of this looking good at all. Either he has skeletons in his closet, or if he really was taken aback by the media's intrusion into his personal life, then he comes across as a little b*tch, running away at the first sign of trouble. Would anyone really want this guy to be PM?

• Upvote 1

Here's the guy who's supposedly causing this big crisis and wants Nigel out........... "He's my Political Hero and will remain so". Bit of tit for tat bars between this guy and the other advisor to Nigel, who has now left the party to go back to media. 

Labour would love a farage or sturgeon.

Referendum should take an axe to ukip tho especially if the economy picks up

Can see more infighting as the party veers more extreme

I genuinely don't see this whole 'UKIP will end after a Europe' vote happening. I think they are a force here to stay and grow now, especially with Farage in control. Without him would of been debatable.

Labour are looking finished right now. As much as we can all see Blaire for what he is now he had the charisma to hold peoples attention and lead.