The Counted: People killed by police in the US this year

dub

I don't think about militarized police. I think in a country with such a big population and so many weapons flying about and a police force that is also armed. 400 odd death's in 6 months doesn't surprise me.

why lol.

u just defined a militarized police.

I don't know how you can have no qualms when you live in a country that is evidence minimal force works.

Glenn was panhandling outside a bar in Venice when a customer complained that he was harassing customers. He wound up in a scuffle with a bouncer and two officers, one of whom shot and killed him. After viewing unreleased tape of the incident, LAPD police chief Charlie Beck said: 'Any time an unarmed person is shot by a Los Angeles police officer, it takes extraordinary circumstances to justify that. I have not seen those extraordinary circumstances.'

Rawshannehad was allegedly threatening customers with a knife in an adult bookstore. Police initially said he advanced on an officer wielding the knife, but this was later reversed and no knife was found. A witness who viewed CCTV footage of the incident said Rawshannehad was calm and was shot almost immediately.

A police officer responding to a call reporting people vandalizing a vacant home saw Morejon through a broken window and shot him. The officer said Morejon turned towards him and appeared to be point his arm. No gun was found.

Scott was pulled over by North Charleston police officer Michael Slager for a minor traffic violation. Scott fled but Slager caught up with him and attempted to deploy his Taser. The Taser was not effective and as Scott ran away, Slager opened fire. The final altercation was caught on video and led to Slager being charged with murder.

all justified alie gambino?

I don't think about militarized police. I think in a country with such a big population and so many weapons flying about and a police force that is also armed. 400 odd death's in 6 months doesn't surprise me.

why lol.

I don't know how you can have no qualms when you live in a country that is evidence minimal force works.

The UK and USA are different places. And there have been armed people killed here by police ( Que Riots ) and unarmed ( Que Silence ). I class Americans as a bit more crazy than us, consider it a more dangerous place ( Maybe by national ignorance I dunno ). But I look at it as the sorta place where people whip out their phone and shout worldstar when they see someone being attacked etc.

What would be your plan of action for USA, disarm the police?

why lol.

The UK and USA are different places. And there have been armed people killed here by police ( Que Riots ) and unarmed ( Que Silence ). I class Americans as a bit more crazy than us, consider it a more dangerous place ( Maybe by national ignorance I dunno ). But I look at it as the sorta place where people whip out their phone and shout worldstar when they see someone being attacked etc.

What would be your plan of action for USA, disarm the police?

i personally think it's too late for that.

the police are scared the minorities are hostile which makes the police more scared which... (feedback loop) 

body cams is an absolute must. i would pay the police more, i would train to be less militarized and i would have them use force violent crimes only not dude running from childcare payments or selling cigarettes on the corner i mean the fact they led to deaths is evidence of excessive force

.ldah6rdp6ukvngoyqi1fcg.gif

it's like they need to invent new reasons to stay militarized.

• Upvote 1

Agreed I think it became too late a long time ago. Too many weapons floating around USA, Too many gun owners be them criminals or not. Body Cameras is the way forward to stop all this. I'm surprised they haven't adopted CCTV the way we have it in the UK.

yeah but the country is

Race - White:Black

Pop   - 197m:38m

Killed - 243:135

So the rate of black people being killed by police is much higher than whites.

yeah so is the rate of crime by blacks

possibly 

but unarmed civilians that are killed by police are twice as likely to be black as they are white

most of em arent innocent though are they... they ether have an illegal gun or substance on them or try punch a police officer or wont fuck off when theyve been asked to... do they deserve to be killed fuck no... but alot of young black men love doing illegal shit... as the saying goes they know there rights alot more than they know there wrongs... sorry if police profile you because your black and think there is a possibility your up to something naughty but the stats don't lie blacks make up 16% of the population in america but are responsible for 58.5% of crime... blacks need to stop these marches protesting police and talk to there community over there

Think the stats would say crime and poverty go more hand in hand then it does with race, it just so happens the poorest people in america are black.

/

Its all good sticking up for trigger happy police and blaming innocent people accusing them of being criminals with no foundation to it but remember that if they are murdering innocent people that innocent person could be you or a family member one day lying there dead because you were reaching for your keys to put your bags in the boot with your hood up to avoid getting your hair wet in the downpour and you didnt hear the police shout stop or whatever as they thought you were a burglar then some guy on the internet commenting calling you a criminal.

/

My biggest problem with the police is that any retard can get the job

In an ideal world police would be very highly paid very highly skilled and you would need a very high level of education

In every country

• Upvote 1

My biggest problem with the police is that any retard can get the job

In an ideal world police would be very highly paid very highly skilled and you would need a very high level of education

In every country

Always thought this.

I also believe you should have to pass a character/personality test, the way people who want to become air traffic controllers have to.

but yeh it's an ideal world philosophy.

I don't think its that simple.

So 30% (11m) of black people in the US are in poverty, 10% (20m) of (non-Latino) white people.

So there's twice as many white people in poverty than black people. But then you get figures like 

According to the US Department of Justice, blacks accounted for 52.5% of homicide offenders from 1980 to 2008, with whites 45.3% and "Other" 2.2%. The offending rate for blacks was almost 8 times higher than whites, and the victim rate 6 times higher. Most homicides were intraracial, with 84% of white victims killed by whites, and 93% of black victims killed by blacks.[33][34][35]
According to the National Crime Victimization Survey in 2002, the black arrest rate for robbery was 8.55 times higher than whites, and blacks were 16 times more likely to be incarcerated for robbery than non-Hispanic whites. Robberies with white victims and black offenders were more than 12 times more common than the reverse.[38][39]

my point was its deeper than poverty

its not like black people dug their own hole

Wha u mean

the whole spiel about how "the system is designed to keep the black man down" might sound like a defeatist attitude but it does have ground

it may not have been "designed" per se but the inequality is real and deep rooted

• Upvote 3

Wha u mean

the whole spiel about how "the system is designed to keep the black man down" might sound like a defeatist attitude but it does have ground

it may not have been "designed" per se but the inequality is real and deep rooted

Can you provide modern day examples how this is being done through employment opportunities and the education system

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm not talking about current day opportunities.

I don't know whether you'll admit to it but there has been inequality and prejudice against black people in the past. This has driven a certain state within certain communities. You have entire neighbourhoods where crime such as drug dealing is extremely prominent and is seen as a viable means of living for many people to take. Whether you admit it or not this has come about due to the inequality and prejudice in the society.

Just because there now may be perhaps equal opportunities (this isn't my opinion, but for argument's sake lets just say its all nice and equal now), just because you throw the same clean opportunities at one community as you do to another, when there is so much corruption in a community you can't expect it just to fix itself.

• Upvote 1

Wha u mean

Can you provide modern day examples how this is being done through employment opportunities and the education system

Employers' Replies to Racial Names

"Job applicants with white names needed to send about 10 resumes to get one callback; those with African-American names needed to send around 15 resumes to get one callback."

A job applicant with a name that sounds like it might belong to an African-American - say, Lakisha Washington or Jamal Jones - can find it harder to get a job. Despite laws against discrimination, affirmative action, a degree of employer enlightenment, and the desire by some businesses to enhance profits by hiring those most qualified regardless of race, African-Americans are twice as likely as whites to be unemployed and they earn nearly 25 percent less when they are employed.

Its structural racism sometimes it doesn't even consciously exist but is in the psyche of white/black who ever and only shows itself inform of statistics.