NAACP leader and civil rights activist outed as WHITE

Thun

The civil rights activist in the middle of a tempest over her ethnicity has insisted she is black and denounced her parents for telling the media she is white.

Rachel Dolezal, an outspoken activist for African American culture and racial injustice in Washington state, struck a defiant tone on Friday and said the controversy reflected ignorance over race and ethnicity.

Asked in an interview with Sky News if she identified as African American, Dolezal said she did not like the term.

“I prefer black,” she said. “If I was asked I would say, yes, I would definitely consider myself to be black.”

Dolezal, the head of the Spokane chapter of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP), added she did not “give two shits” what her parents said.

She said she was not in touch with the couple because of an ongoing lawsuit and does not view them as her real parents.

Her black persona unravelled this week when Ruthanne and Larry Dolezal, a couple named on her Montana birth certificate as her biological parents, told Spokane’s KREM 2 News that her ancestry was German and Czech, with traces of Native American.

“Rachel has wanted to be somebody she’s not. She’s chosen not to just be herself, but to represent herself as an African American woman or a bi-racial person and that’s simply not true,” said Ruthanne Dolezal. The couple showed a photo of her as a white child with freckles and blond hair.

When a reporter with the TV channel KXLY asked the activist, who now has frizzy hair and apparently browner skin, if she was African American she fled, abandoning her keys and purse. The clip has gone viral, provoking a range of astonishment, scorn, anger and sympathy.

lol This bitch is quite humorous. She belongs on VIP2.

Sound like she's been sending hate mail to herself lol.

In a more recent claim of racially motivated harassment, Dolezal made local headlines early this year when hate mail was supposedly sent to her at the NAACP post office box in Spokane. 

However, police reports on the case revealed this week that whoever placed the letters and packages into the box would have had to have the key because none had bar codes or stamps.

2ry51n4.jpg

• In an interview with Anderson Cooper, social justice activist and writer Marc Lamont Hill revealed he had met with Rachel Dolezal in the past

• Hill stated that Dolezal had said in front of him and other activists that only black people should lead and direct the Black Lives Matter movement

He also stated that she said 'outsiders should not be there'

Hill called her behavior in the wake of the revelation that she is white the 'ultimate exercise in white privilege

Denied her own parents to beg a next race

Smh

africans back in primary school did this.

everyone was jamaican them times

Maybe in your area and generation..

This generation and mine could give a fuck about being jamo, you lot were the butt of our jokes many a time.

The flip around...;