The Budget

Captain Planet

but will they provide people with an adequate path into trades and manuel work?

lol

There are a few policies aimed at encouraging apprenticeships, not too sure whether sincere though.

I wand trying to be a snob in the other post, all I'm saying is what good does it do the person or the economy to do an expensive degree and waste it?

Burden to the taxpayer and less money earned.

I negged based on the fact that it's a very silly statement, you focus on the guy that works at Tesco with his business degree.

How about the doctors, engineers, investment bankers, architects etc that would be at Tesco if it weren't for those grants, CP you elitist scumbag and anyone else that co signs him.

Who actually needed the grants?

Maybe different in London shit costs more

I blazed my grant off

• Downvote 1

I negged based on the fact that it's a very silly statement, you focus on the guy that works at Tesco with his business degree.

How about the doctors, engineers, investment bankers, architects etc that would be at Tesco if it weren't for those grants, CP you elitist scumbag and anyone else that co signs him.

Daft post.

I'm not co-signing reducing social mobility nor am I saying the conservatives apprentice plan is genuine.

What I am co-signing is a deterrent to degrees which fail the people taking them and paying for them.

People need to adapt their mindset, you have free education in this country if by A-levels (even GCSE) you show you can make your path academically then go to uni even with your 40k debt in the confidence you will earn much more than that soon in the service economy.

If that's not you then be aware of what other sectors are driving the country's 'economic growth' right now (like construction and property), be aware of the tonnes of big houses in Essex owned by people without degrees (highly skilled manual trades, but then even Polski bricklayers are making it rain here), be aware of the capital gains reductions and how they will benefit you as a business owner or self employed person.

The UK needs to diversify against services and the passport is yours to do this, social mobility is not in the hand of the Tories.

Debt should not discourage the right people from socially mobilising. You guys spend so much time around the warped fraff from the ends that you accept their sense of self entitlement and the general misguided view of life many of them carry.

We don't need road men at uni, they don't need to be there, either seek a profession or quit, 3 years to defer prison at the tax payers expense twice over, first for the student loan to never be paid back and then for Her Majesty's Pleasure. Where is the social mobility in that?

Who actually needed the grants?

Maybe different in London sh*t costs more

I blazed my grant off

I needed it, uni would have been very very painful without it.

until they have a working programme to get people into proper trades they shouldn't be removing the funding for the academic route
they're having retailer give apprenticeships ffs

I mean look at this shit https://www.gov.uk/retail-apprenticeships

Intermediate level apprenticeship

• sales assistant
  • stockroom assistant
  • beauty consultant
  • visual merchandiser
  • fresh food counter assistant
Advanced level apprenticeship
  • senior sales assistant
  • visual merchandiser supervisor
  • craft expert (for example, bakery)
  • style advisor (personal shoppers, retail consultant, stylist)
  • supervisor or team leader
  • department manager
  • store manager (of a small outlet)

In what world should people be getting paid less than minimum wage to be trained for more than a week on these things?

No more housing benefit for 18 to 21 YOs

that's f*cked!!!

can someone explain why their focusing on that age group?

is it coz too many of them are having kids and jamming, not working just claiming?

/

f*ck the cons anyway & f*ck those who voted for them

this is a myth

it's because that age group has 0 power

they're an easy target

tbh i know that's myth

only reason i could think of at that moment coz i knew they'll never go after the wealthy cunts at the top who are doing the most harm to the country i.e bankers, multi-national businesses etc

i didnt, but im guessing because it is a ridiculous statement?

its not about 'culling'.  its about providing more opportunities, showing people there are other routes and helping them on their way.

not just making it so the average person either cant go uni or will be in crippling debt if they do.

but that's exactly what they're aiming for

http://www.theguardian.com/education/2014/oct/20/3m-apprenticeships-david-cameron-welfare-cuts

“Because of difficult decisions we will make on welfare, we will deliver 3m apprenticeships by 2020. This is a crucial part of our long-term economic plan to secure a better future for Britain.

Educate guys

Lord help us.

i voted conservative and im very proud to have done so 

even though my home borough is newham and will probably always be labour 

this ' poor people should never vote tory' mantra is very narrow minded 

Tories are the party for the ambitious and hard working 

• Downvote 3

Also remember student loan as it stand is paid back when it is economically viable for you.

It is not like a bank loan in that sense.

debt is debt bro

just coz it's not structured the same way as bank loans doesn't mean the government don't stay eating off you

there's no such thing as free money especially from the government

u know debt makes money for the treasury yeah? and finance houses yeah?

• Upvote 1

Tories the reverse robin hoods

Helping the poor stay poor, this isnt anerica where anyone can make it

For me personally its a so so budget

Also remember student loan as it stand is paid back when it is economically viable for you.

debt is debt bro

just coz it's not structured the same way as bank loans doesn't mean the government don't stay eating off you

Lol

When I talk to a broker about a mortgage do you think they are asking for my student loan balance?

This is a debt which is underwritten by the state, you can't even properly default on this loan until you die.

• Downvote 1

@local student loan dropped buy out the bar

nah really though i needed my grants

Daft post.

I'm not co-signing social mobility nor am I saying the conservatives apprentice plan is genuine.

What I am co-signing is a deterrent to degrees which fail the people taking them and paying for them.

People need to adapt their mindset, you have free education in this country if by A-levels you show you can make your path academically then go to uni even with your 40k debt in the confidence you will earn much more than that soon in the service economy.

If that's not you be aware of what other sectors are driving the country's 'economic growth' right now (like construction and property), be aware of the tonnes of big houses in Essex owned by people without degrees (highly skilled manual trades, but then even Polski bricklayers are making it rain here), be aware of the capital gains reductions and how they will benefit you.

The UK needs to diversify against services and the passport is yours to do this, social mobility is not in the hand of the Tories.

Debt should not discourage the right people from socially mobilising.

I agree not everyone's built for higher education but no matter how academically gifted you are there are hardly ever guarantees in life and this debt will discourage a lot of gifted teens.

Look how the £9000 rise in tuition fees affected ucas application, iirc it was a 10% decrease that year.

Going to university unless financial reward is attainable is such a simple way of thinking, why not just scrap most arts degrees as well right??

I have always been an advocate for increasing the number of people with trades.

I think raising the lowest entry requirements would've been a better solution.

debt is debt bro

Lol

When I talk to a broker about a mortgage do you think they are asking for my student loan balance?

This is a debt which is underwritten by the state, you can't even properly default on this loan until you die.

smh

when u reach the threshold & the broker sees dem repayments going missing from your account u best believe then it's a real debt that needs to be addressed during a mortgage application

just allow trying to make it seem like its not debt coz it's treated differently

debt is debt bro

Lol

smh

when u reach the threshold & the broker sees dem repayments going missing from your account u best believe then it's a real debt that needs to be addressed during a mortgage application

just allow trying to make it seem like its not debt coz it's treated differently

Stop posting