Shenmue III

Gambino

Not sure. I think the extended goals were constantly added after they shot up to the $2 Mill mark in 12 hours. He's got other sources of funding as well as the fact they might still be planning on bringing a PayPal option for funding which everyone is crying out for. I'd obviously love to see it get the full open world experience.

It's all good and well getting Shenmue 3 but Originally Shenmue was supposed to have something like 20 chapters/games

I'm not that hyped about the game because something is telling me it will be rushed

This is coming from a big Shenmue fan, so many good memories

It was originally meant to have 4 or 5 games. He wants to make number 4 after this one but it will need to have some level of success. SEGA should really capitalize on this by releasing Shenmue 1 and 2 HD on PS4.

I have no idea where the story is going to go. It's gone from being a normal tale of a guy in his town looking revenge on someone to ending with some sword and fantasy type thing. That's the only thing that worries me, I don't want it to stray too far away from realism.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 31/08/2017 at 1:28 PM, Lenny said:

Got a feeling the game will be dead

The standard is too high.

The hype is near 20years old.

Will do numbers when it drops regardless. It has a lot to live up to. Hopefully it does what its supposed to and impresses everyone.

Over 100 Mill spent on the original in the 1990s, groundbreaking and set a new genre of game. Had been nothing like it before, so much has come after it now though it's impossible to replicate what it originally achieved, especially with it's low budget. But I would of been happy for them to drop a Shenmue 3 with the same graphics and mechanics it had back then, just want that story told and hopefully it can invoke some nostalgia and give them feelings the original did.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...